#1 2019-05-12 20:20

Luifizer

DNM's are finished. Time for vendors to setup stores on OpenBazaar

None of the major markets have been able to stop the DDoSer.  Dream had to deal with it for months.  Empire will also have to permanently deal with major downtime.

It's time to move dark business to OpenBazaar, which will put it out of reach of the DDoser. 

I know the majority of people flock to the darknet to do whatever they're doing, but 90% of people can't access the markets anyway.

Vendors should setup stores on OpenBazaar and have a clearnet forum for vendor adverts, store links and discussions.

What do people think?

Last edited by Luifizer (2019-05-12 20:20)

#2 2019-05-12 23:00

hippo

Re: DNM's are finished. Time for vendors to setup stores on OpenBazaar

Not finished.. a fix will comeout at somepoint, although vendor shops may be easier to access you also have to face having to trust that the vendor isn't lieing since they control the site.. Using sites such as empire and dream allows users to find trusted sellers (within reason)

#3 2019-05-13 00:20

Luifizer

hippo wrote:

Not finished.. a fix will comeout at somepoint

There is nothing to fix.  The very nature of Tor prevents DNM admins from mitigating attacks effectively.  All they can do is continually create new mirrors.

#4 2019-05-13 00:30

Luifizer

hippo wrote:

although vendor shops may be easier to access you also have to face having to trust that the vendor isn't lieing since they control the site

Established reputable vendors from the DNM's can prove their identity through PGP if they choose to move over to OpenBazaar.  OB also has a customer review rating system.

#5 2019-05-13 00:30

Luifizer

hippo wrote:

Using sites such as empire and dream allows users to find trusted sellers (within reason)

Yes, that is true......within reason.

#6 2019-05-13 02:00

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

I think the denial of service problems in tor will be reduced with new features and other software solutions. With v3 onion services, there is a way to make your hidden service accessible by a single hostname but in the background it is actually being served by a pool of different hidden services transparent to the user.

You are right that once a market becomes the most popular, it won't remain up for a long time. My belief is the govts know where the big dnm servers are located by traffic analysis. Dream was most likely the busiest hidden service on tor so with the govts view of the network they can probably identify it based on traffic volume. Then they try to find who's administering or paying for the server, and make up a parallel construction story that it was located by detective work.

Last edited by TormarketSupport (2019-05-13 02:30)

#7 2019-05-13 08:10

Psychedaddy

I'm sure OpenBazaar will be slicker at some stage but at the moment I find it too buggy.

#8 2019-05-13 08:30

is0m3tr1x

OpenBazaar, is definately a go to if all else fails.  But for now TM should suffice.

What you do in life echoes in eternity...

#9 2019-05-13 12:40

itgood

Tor have been working on solutions for the Ddos attacks. hopefully they are close to finding it.

someone should create the new Deep Dot web, it was a big hit loosing that

Last edited by itgood (2019-05-13 12:40)

#10 2019-05-13 20:10

Luifizer

tormarket wrote:

I think the denial of service problems in tor will be reduced with new features and other software solutions. With v3 onion services, there is a way to make your hidden service accessible by a single hostname but in the background it is actually being served by a pool of different hidden services transparent to the user.

These solutions would have been done by now.  EM has the resources and the motivation to make it happen but as of now their only response to the problem is new mirrors everyday.

#11 2019-05-13 20:20

Luifizer

Psychedaddy wrote:

I'm sure OpenBazaar will be slicker at some stage but at the moment I find it too buggy.

Have you tried it lately? They've improved it a lot.  It isn't perfect....but still decent.

#12 2019-05-14 02:50

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

Does OpenBazaar rely on tor hidden services as well?

#13 2019-05-14 04:30

sib3so

Can You Give The Link To OpenBazaar,,, i dont seem i can find it anywhere

#14 2019-05-14 07:50

Luifizer

tormarket wrote:

Does OpenBazaar rely on tor hidden services as well?

It doesn't rely on Tor hidden services.  OpenBazaar is a decentralized network and therefore impossible to attack.

#15 2019-05-14 07:50

Luifizer

sib3so wrote:

Can You Give The Link To OpenBazaar,,, i dont seem i can find it anywhere

Download from here: https://openbazaar.org/

#16 2019-05-14 14:10

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

The OB FAQ is behind Cloudflare and blocked my exit node. Would be nice if they provided an onion address for all their websites.

#17 2019-05-14 14:20

hippo

this is AN alternative and shouldn't be considered THE alternative, this wouldn't work for untrusted sellers and opens up a whole new door to phising links if every seller has their own site they have to get to their customers

#18 2019-05-14 22:10

Luifizer

tormarket wrote:

The OB FAQ is behind Cloudflare and blocked my exit node. Would be nice if they provided an onion address for all their websites.

I forwarded your request to the Devs on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenBazaar/comments/bogi5e/onion_address_for_openbazaarorg/

In the mean time, here is FAQ:

What is OpenBazaar?

OpenBazaar is a different way to do online commerce. It’s a peer to peer application that doesn’t require middlemen, which means no fees & no restrictions.

How does OpenBazaar work?

OpenBazaar connects people directly via a peer to peer network. Data is distributed across the network instead of storing it in a central database.

How are there no fees and restrictions?

OpenBazaar isn’t a company nor an organization; it’s free open source software. It was built to provide everyone with the ability to buy and sell freely

Who controls the OpenBazaar network?

Nobody has control over OpenBazaar. Each user contributes to the network equally and is in control of their own store and private data world.

Is Bitcoin the only supported payment method?

Pay with 50+ cryptocurrencies on OpenBazaar: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash, Dash, etc. Seller receives payment in Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash or Zcash. Their choice.

#19 2019-05-14 23:10

Luifizer

hippo wrote:

this is AN alternative and shouldn't be considered THE alternative, this wouldn't work for untrusted sellers and opens up a whole new door to phising links if every seller has their own site they have to get to their customers

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I will say this; DNM's constantly get compromised by LE.  All major markets are currently being held down by a DDoSer.  I've just presented a solution to both problems.....LE can't compromise OB because it's a decentralized P2P network, and the DDoSer can't attack it for the very same reason.

#20 2019-05-15 12:10

is0m3tr1x

[SCAM word detected here] direct with trusted vendors is also very viable.

What you do in life echoes in eternity...

#21 2021-07-17 16:40

opsec101

OpenBazaar shut down their P2P network and is gone now. DNM sales could never move to Openbazaar because they filtered out illicit products from the search results.

Board footer