#1 2022-10-03 00:50

UlrikaMonkey

Risks of buying crypto with KYC exchange bank payment

How risky is it to buy LTC on a KYC exchange like Easy Crypto, Independent Exchange etc. with bank payment and converting to XMR? Im talking amounts of ~$2000 - $3000 every 3 months or so. And what would be the safest way to make it look less suspicious, buying smaller amounts, say $500 every fortnight, to make it look like a structured investment?

I am put off buying p2p through discord in fear of being scammed or mugged, and the interest rate people have offered are significantly higher than buying through an exchange (10%!)

#2 2022-10-07 02:20

SnakeVenom

Re: Risks of buying crypto with KYC exchange bank payment

Uh, unsure but i've had a KYC Exchange ban one of my accounts before for illegal activities, I used it to buy software and accounts to services that would otherwise cost a lot if done legitimately.. I didn't find out about the ban and what it was for until probably months later after not using DW markets for a while.

The Exchange was a NZ one and I never got a call, knock or anything from Police. So unless your buying a lot of illegal shit and somehow they link it to the exchange, and eventually to you I doubt anything will happen.

#3 2022-10-07 15:40

JessiePinkman
Banned

I would avoid it if possible, but it really depends on what you are doing with it as to how risky it is.

I would recommend to anyone to look into and familiarise yourself with Bisq & Wasabi Wallet for Bitcoin privacy.

P2P can be dodgy but I would say the majority aren't, the opportunists are always going to be around whether its buying crypto or a car or something off trademe... Stick with it for a few small trades and see if you can find someone that's legit and you can trust.

Hope this helps

Last edited by JessiePinkman (2022-10-07 15:50)

#4 2022-10-08 10:40

mrbobdobalina

My guess is that it would be fine. Nothing illegal about buying crypto. The problem would be if you were depositing large amounts of cash in to your personal bank acc. That could raise a red flag from your bank as it could look like un taxed income.

#5 2022-11-03 19:20

basshed

mrbobdobalina wrote:

My guess is that it would be fine. Nothing illegal about buying crypto. The problem would be if you were depositing large amounts of cash in to your personal bank acc. That could raise a red flag from your bank as it could look like un taxed income.

Keen to discuss this point with the community - im getting a bit paranoid about the amount of transfers and deposits into my bank to cover buying crypto purchases lately and without a BTC ATM option im not sure the best opsec solution to keep going?

How is everyone managing as a buyer / obtaining crypto and maintaing best opsec?

Has anyone been pinged by their bank for untaxed incomes / deposits to to in term purch crypto?

#6 2022-11-03 23:10

DryBugs
Verified Vendor

Personally I am happy to buy crypto in any amount and sell it to people for a small commission, but I asked Tor Market support about this and they said that there is to be no advertising of products/services in the forums. I remember the first time I bought BTC from localbitcoins I sure was nervous about being identified.

Board footer