#1 2019-07-26 11:30

Gary Personnel

'No tracking information available' NZ Post

Has anyone else gotten 'No tracking information available' when trying to view their parcel tracking on the NZ Post website?

The tracking number does seem to be recognized as legitimate, but when it takes me to the tracking page it is unable to give me any progress information. NZ Post's website does say 'Please be advised we are continuing to experience parcel delivery delays due to aircraft engineering difficulties.  We are working hard to resolve this as soon as possible, and will provide updates as these become available'. However my parcel was sent about 10 days ago, I am wondering if I should still expect it.

Anyone else had this issue?

#2 2019-07-26 11:40

jjj89

Re: 'No tracking information available' NZ Post

'No tracking information available' means that the tracking number hasn't been scanned by the post system. Its a legitimate tracking number but hasn't been allocated to a parcel yet. It looks like the vendor gave you a tracking number however did not send anything.

#3 2019-07-26 11:50

Neuronmine2

Yes i have had this problem several times in the past, commonly if the vendor is using Fastway Courier bags and putting the parcels in postboxs sometimes it does that, your package will still arrive I've had numerous packages show no information available but still arrived.

#4 2019-07-26 12:30

Gary Personnel

jjj89 wrote:

'No tracking information available' means that the tracking number hasn't been scanned by the post system. Its a legitimate tracking number but hasn't been allocated to a parcel yet. It looks like the vendor gave you a tracking number however did not send anything.

Hmm, I hope that is not the case. The vendor's communication has been great and he offered a refund. Fingers crossed it's been a mistake on the post system end...

Neuronmine2 wrote:

Yes i have had this problem several times in the past, commonly if the vendor is using Fastway Courier bags and putting the parcels in postboxs sometimes it does that, your package will still arrive I've had numerous packages show no information available but still arrived.

Good to know, perhaps it will still show up.

#5 2019-07-26 16:20

piemangled

I had this problem once from a different site and it did turn up. I think Neuronmine2 might be correct with their explanation.

#6 2019-07-27 08:30

Sensorykeep
Verified Vendor

It happens from time to time, it's just NZpost or whoever being uselsess and not scanning the package as it makes its way through the system.  reputable vendors arent out to screw their customers over. It's best to work with a vendor who has a good history

Last edited by Sensorykeep (2019-07-27 08:30)

Board footer