#1 2019-10-18 00:50

squarecircle

Overseas drug testing? - Experience with using engery-control

I am thinking of sending some drugs to energy control international (1).

If you haven't heard of them they are a Spanish drug testing NGO. You can send drugs  to them anonymously and they will analyze them and tell you their composition.

Does anyone have experience using there services. I would be interested to know:
- How long the results took.
- How you packaged it
- If you have heard of outgoing mail getting intercepted.

(1) https://energycontrol-international.org/

#2 2019-10-18 12:20

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

Re: Overseas drug testing? - Experience with using engery-control

NZ Drug foundation has a non profit subsidiary that does this but not sure if you can post them samples.

#3 2019-10-18 13:10

squarecircle

Good find tormarket. I have emailed them about it.

#4 2019-10-18 15:40

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

Maybe they would process samples from the post but can't publicly say this. You could give it a try and see if what happens.

#5 2019-10-18 18:10

squarecircle

Interesting, that might work.

#6 2019-11-10 13:40

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

You can take samples to their office in Wellington
https://knowyourstuff.nz/about-us/faq/#Q2

From my understanding, they are not allowed to touch the samples so you have to be present to place sample onto spectrometer.

Last edited by TormarketSupport (2019-11-11 14:20)

#7 2019-11-11 12:50

MrRobot

Squarecircle i was about to post a similar topic, you bet me too it. smile I would like to send a sample of methylone in to be tested, as there is no tester kit on the market that differentiates between mephedrone and methylone or other cathiones.

What sample size is needed?

#8 2019-11-11 18:50

squarecircle

Hey MrRobot,
You need to send in 50mg. You can read more here:
https://energycontrol-international.org/drug-testing-service/submitting-a-sample/

#9 2019-11-12 09:10

MrRobot

What's your feeling on safety of exporting a 50mg sample? I would then wonder if it could also back fire at the Spain Customs, but they may have some arrangement with the testing agency for the sake of harm reduction.

#10 2019-11-12 21:20

squarecircle

I sent them an email about this a while ago. Here it is.

Hi energy control. Firstly, thank you for running your service. You existing makes me feel safer about my decision to use psychedelics and I think you are a great resource to the community.
    I had a few questions I was hoping you could answer:
    - If I sent you a sample of lsd would you be able to give me an estimate of how many ug of lsd are in it or can you only identify present compounds.
    - Do you have an example of what your pdf report and non-pdf message look like. I am interested to see what information they contain.
    - Do you know if any people have had problems sending samples from New Zealand.
    - Do you have any tips in packaging samples sent to you to avoid seizure by customs?

Many thanks,

Hello,

You can find the substances list we can quantify in our webpage. We have a very few incidences with shipping, normally we received them without trouble. Just in case, don't put any personal data on it, for this reason we send you a reference number when you make your order. If you send a plotter is unlucky customs can detect it in a normal envelope. You can find some advice in our webpage.

Sorry, I don't have some report example. But it's very technical, so it's useful only if you have chemical knowledge.

Regards

#11 2019-11-14 13:30

MrRobot

Thanks!

It seems very straight forward. I believe given that it's a small sample in an envelope and if you go to the length of crushing it all and sandwich between cardboard I would be surprised if it was picked up. This end it would be quite anonymous given you can simply drop it into a local letterbox.

Price is $70 euros, that's pretty reasonable given the spectrometry machines they use and the time to pay someone who knows how to use them. I ummed and arred over it as I've already wasted on money on something that may not be what it says it is, but for the sake of harm reduction it's worth it.

#12 2019-11-14 14:00

squarecircle

I am glad you found it helpful. Yeah, 70 euros is expensive but not bad value for what you get.

Board footer