#1 2019-11-18 16:40

Iris

EGM experiences

Anyone else waiting on orders/having shipping issues with EGM (every gram matters)? Notice theres over 20 orders sitting in escrow from around a week ago (same time SWIM made his), wondering if anyone else can shed some light on their experiences.

SWIM made an order last week, was marked shipped the next day, requested tracking a couple of days later. Was told it hadn't been shipped. Had a little wah to the vendor and he says it was dropped to the post office Wednesday but hasn't moved since. Little dicey on whether this communication makes sense and what the stuck pack means.

Have had packs mis-sorted before but they were marked as this in the tracking and showed where they'd been and gone from. This particular one is stuck on "picked up".

Last edited by Iris (2019-11-18 16:40)

#2 2019-11-18 19:50

Ronald McDruggled
Verified Vendor
Website

Re: EGM experiences

I've noticed some orders that I expected to arrive on friday that haven't even been finalized today.
Think I might check the tracking numbers in a bit, there was one previous event where I had a bunch of orders stuck processing at the depot before for 3 days straight at the same time, then boom they all arrived.

If he's honest stuck pack would basically mean posties are being incompetent again I assume.

Marking shipped before you actually ship the product is a big nono though.

If it doesn't arrive in a couple days definitely set up pgp and ask for the actual tracking number rather than just an update. A week after the product has been actually shipped is a good timeframe for when demanding that would be justified.

Cheers,
McDrugs - i'm Lovin' It! :D

#3 2019-11-18 20:30

fearra

I've been waiting a week for mine now and so asked for Tracking.
Vendor responded that all packages sent last Wednesday haven't moved and vendor is investigating.

But then proceeded to provide me with a tracking number that said it was delivered last Wednesday by a rural courier in a completely different region to where I am. I've followed up but haven't heard back.

#4 2019-11-19 00:20

Iris

To confirm vendor provided me tracking in the first instance, I was able to see that it hadn't moved. Have just been given a new tracking number which was apparently picked up today, so will see what comes of it.

#5 2019-11-19 00:50

Ronald McDruggled
Verified Vendor
Website

Yeah false alarm, my people just finalized a short while ago, they just took until nighttime to click the button which is all fine by me.

They were shipped on wednesday, it's next day courier, so assuming they received today that would imply that couriers are running 2 working days late.

That means if it were shipped on wednesday for real you'd think you would have received today the 18th, maybe worst case scenario show up tomorrow the 19th (technically today am/pm 12:40 something but meh would be definitely a fair deal of hours before couriers start doing deliveries)

That being said if it's fully stuck at not picked up status that is a different story.
And why would he give you a new tracking number for the same order? Was the first one incorrect? Or you have more than one order? Something sounds wrong here.

Best of luck fellas

Cheers,
McDrugs - i'm Lovin' It! :D

#6 2019-11-19 10:40

Iris

fearra wrote:

I've been waiting a week for mine now and so asked for Tracking.
Vendor responded that all packages sent last Wednesday haven't moved and vendor is investigating.

But then proceeded to provide me with a tracking number that said it was delivered last Wednesday by a rural courier in a completely different region to where I am. I've followed up but haven't heard back.

Ive just had this also. Had one tracking number for a pack that was picked up last Wednesday (marked shipped that tuesday) that didnt move, then one track number for a package which was sent yesterday (for the same order marked shipped last week), arrived today at a depot which isn't my local, and was delivered (not to me). Either way it seems like theres some porky pies going on here.

I would appreciate it if admin could have a look at this and see if theres anything untoward going down there. I feel admin will proabably be the only way ill get a refund, otherwise ill just keep getting sent fake tracking numbers till the end of time haha.

Re: Ronald, both tracking numbers have been given for the same order. Vendor told me each # is assigned to a name but considering it seems both my numbers have been wrong, and fearras had the same, I doubt this.

#7 2019-11-19 11:40

fearra

My situation is the kind of reverse of Iris. vendor today has sent another tracking number (apologised for the previous one, said must've sent the wrong one) and this one shows picked up on 13th and then no movement. the tracking system doesnt show delivery address info so i cant tell if its the right tracking code or not. the vendor did say its possible they had the worng number next to name.

i have lodged an inquiry with the courier (not sure if thats a good idea or not?) and will report back if/when i hear from them.

i recommend extending the auto finalize date which I have done. im willing to give the vendor a couple more days to hear from courier before i request refund

#8 2019-11-19 18:00

Iris

I have been updated from the vendor that my initial track number was correct, and has the same status as yours (picked up 13th no movement). I have a feeling we may have the same number.

The vendor has said that other packs that were in the same situation have been delivered so is a little concerned. Can you confirm fearra that you're still in the same situation?

Last edited by Iris (2019-11-19 19:20)

#9 2019-11-19 20:00

fearra

yes can confirm same boat.
I plan on calling the couriers tomorrow and suggest you do to.
Whilst I fully expect delivery should have occurred by now it wouldn't be the first time those couriers have dropped the ball.

I've added my encrypted email to my profile if you want to message re tracking numbers

#10 2019-11-19 21:10

Iris

Have flicked you an e-mail.

I'm wary about calling the couriers in this instance. If this was lost in my neck of the woods and simply needed a push to get the final hurdle I might consider this, however it being still stuck where it was picked up implies they'll probably need details from the sender (Ive had a look and the details required are more extensive than what the receiver in this situation would have).

I agree that the couriers may have dropped the ball on this one, though Ive never seen it dropped this hard personally. Hoping that's the case and it re-appears

#11 2019-11-20 19:00

fearra

It was seized - and yeah calling the courier is probably not a good idea as its difficult to claim plausible deniability.
Vendor was good though and refunded.

I guess now I may be on a NZ Post watch list so its back to waiting for the referendum for me! sad

Board footer