#1 2019-12-20 17:40

bluntwhistle

Package resealed under postage label

Hi all,

Received a package yesterday in the post from the new vendor Fresh_Produce, after opening to find no product inside (including none of the promised vacuum sealing) I noticed that a hole had been made underneath the postage label and then re-covered. Any advice as to whoever might have done this? its a fairly big and crudely made hole. I assume it was either courier or whoever the vendor got to take it to the courier. I feel like I am in the right to request a refund for this one but the vendor is being stubborn and simply said 'that seems a bit odd', and that he's 'unable to offer a refund'

#2 2019-12-20 18:20

Alpha

Re: Package resealed under postage label

bluntwhistle wrote:

Hi all,

Received a package yesterday in the post from the new vendor Fresh_Produce, after opening to find no product inside (including none of the promised vacuum sealing) I noticed that a hole had been made underneath the postage label and then re-covered. Any advice as to whoever might have done this? its a fairly big and crudely made hole. I assume it was either courier or whoever the vendor got to take it to the courier. I feel like I am in the right to request a refund for this one but the vendor is being stubborn and simply said 'that seems a bit odd', and that he's 'unable to offer a refund'

Was it a big order? That seems very odd..

#3 2019-12-20 18:40

astroburp

I have never had this happen, or ever heard of it happening. The chances of a courier driver stealing something from a random item is very low considering they would be the one who got looked at if it was a theft of something legitimate. So unless it was clear there were drugs in the parcel, like it stunk of weed or you used a fake name like "Drugsareinhere Smith", i would consider the possibility that this new seller did this to give themselves plausible deniability for sending an empty parcel.. or it was their parcel delivery servant but what new seller would have one of those?

#4 2019-12-20 18:40

astroburp

Actually years ago i heard second hand tales of a dread-locked courier driver who intercepted a parcel his refined nose identified as weed. Obviously this was not to alert the authorities.

#5 2019-12-20 18:50

bobbyjones2019

thats very strange.. i did a order from him recently and it was vacuum sealed and everything was good so i feel like maybe it was the courier driver or the runner

#6 2019-12-20 20:00

NZanabolics
Banned

Sorry bro, looks like you got scammed. FYI they call it selective scamming.

#7 2019-12-20 20:00

astroburp

When you said new seller i assumed they were brand new.. the vendor has good feedback and at least 10k in sales. They have 14 orders in escrow so unless it there is a sudden string of the same issue i probably wouldn't assume it was the vendor. How much was the order worth?

#8 2019-12-22 18:30

HaletianTaboo's

NZanabolics wrote:

Sorry bro, looks like you got scammed. FYI they call it selective scamming.

Yeah, I agree. If your account is fresh then he probably scammed you thinking that the market would take the side of a vendor and not a new buyer when the tracking says delivered. Very disappointing if this is the case. Hope he answers here to clear things up hmm

#9 2019-12-23 10:10

bokdefied

My package from him was as legit as it can get, stealth and vacuum sealing was on point. Same day delivery also, legit legit. think either the courier driver caught on and nabbed it or some punk ass kid has opened it before you've arrived home to the package. Christmas time is notorious for mailbox thieves.

Last edited by bokdefied (2019-12-23 10:10)

#10 2019-12-23 18:10

Fresh Produce
Banned

Sorry for the delayed reply, been on a (well deserved) break.

Firstly, i have not just 'simply said'; 'that seems a bit odd', and that i'm 'unable to offer a refund'.

We have a 25 message chat log, which the admin (support) will be able to look over when we put this through as evidence to try release the money to us from escrow.

When i first received a message from this customer, it seemed like we could of forgotten to put the item in the decoy, (said nothing was inside). To which i was shocked, and if that was the case i would of reshipped without hesitation.

Then he said he found it had been opened underneath the address slip and resealed. (Very odd).

So i asked a few questions.

He claimed he didn't realise it had been resealed (tampered with) until later on when he opened the package. So i asked if anyone else had been around the package from when he signed for it till when he opened it later on, to which he changed his story to opening it immediately.

I was almost about to close the shop urgently due to a possible controlled delivery (which is what it seemed)
But after prompt replies, it just seemed all too odd. So i kept the shop open.

The customer was chopping and changing his story which made it seem very strange.

After further messages, the customer said he understands it was 'not my (Fresh Produce's) fault by any means'. Then went on to putting it on me, saying he relies on this as a source of income, as this was a 'huge' financial blow. (order was below $1000)
He then goes on to saying that if we 'pull through and organize a reshipment I will have the uptmost respect' blah blah.

He then says he can only assume that the parcel could of only been tampered with during the courier process.

So i had a chat to one of my postal friends, and they guaranteed that for one, they would never just opened a package (unless they could smell something but even then they're not fussed.)
And if they were to open a package, they simply wouldn't take the item out, and then reship. Unless controlled delivery (which is not common in NZ and did not happen.)

He then claims that the amount he bought simply 'couldnt fit' inside the decoy, so i must not of put it in! (We've easily shipped 2x the amount to other customers of what he ordered inside the decoy).

Selective scamming. No. I would not put so much hard work in to go ahead and scam 1 customer (for a very small trade).
It's just not worth my time.

Everyone should hold off with the alligations until the admin chooses what the outcome is (funds are still in escrow).

As much of a honest vendor i am, i just cannot see how this has happened, and am not prepared to offer this customer a refund unless the admin chooses so.

Merry Christmas.

#11 2019-12-23 19:50

bobbyjones2019

fresh produce got around 20 positive feedbacks in the space of 3 days.. he obviously is moving quite alot dont see why he would risk his reputation and his feedback to scam one person for less than a thousand dollars...

#12 2019-12-24 12:00

BAZOOKA

I could not fathom Fresh Produce being a scammer for a second. To be quite honest, he's one of the best vendors I've come across in a very long time. Some of the fastest shipping, best communication and honesty I've seen from a vendor in a while.

Board footer