#1 2020-05-06 22:10

happydays

Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Just purchased some feminized cannabis seeds. Has anyone purchased these online before and what luck did they have with them? Did they all turn out female plants?

#2 2020-05-11 14:10

gorskinator

Re: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Honestly bro you should've done your homework first and asked the vendor which method he used.

There is a vast difference in results from the different techniques. If he chose the better one it should be pretty good with no males, but you still have a good shot at ending up with a few intersex plants.

You are just going to have to watch the sprouts like a hawk and hope for a good result.

With the faith I have left in humanity, I look both ways before crossing a one way street.

#3 2020-05-12 09:00

homegrownNZ

The seeds you brought are all imported from Europe from a reliable seedbank.

I have had 2 complaints over 2 years of selling them about some males showing up. I stop buying any strains that have these complaints.

Definitely keep and eye out for hermis and males but in general you should be getting 95%+ females

Would appreciate some of the growers out there letting us know how the seeds have gone for you. I keep asking people to do a review here but no one seems interested. I take the silence as them being happy.

Last edited by homegrownNZ (2020-05-13 21:20)

#4 2020-05-12 16:30

rick_sanchez_420

Hey man, I got a 5pack of these a bit ago.  5/5 germed using the paper towel method, I fucked up and killed two in their seedling stage, but the remaining 3 all turned out to be female.  I ordered blue dream and Phantom Cookies Domina, had a change in circumstance and had to let go of two of the 3 plants but kept a very promising Phantom cookies.  At 4 weeks flower now she's got an amazing cherry/bubblegum smell to her and is glistening with trichomes.  If there's a way to upload photos to this forum, let me know, and I'll get a photo of her up. I've grown a fair bit and I've only seen a few strains that bulk up and have so many trichs like this at 28 days flower.  I couldn't have been happier.  They're a bit more than ordering from the overseas sites, but the sting of having a $300+ pack be intercepted is worth going locally to me.  I'd be happy if Homegrown could get some more varieties in, especially from some of the better known breeders, don't think I'm alone in saying I'd be happy to pay that little extra for the piece of mind of buying local.

#5 2020-05-12 17:10

gorskinator

Sounds a lot like you're stocking seeds from the colloidal silver method. Reputed as being far and away better.

Glad you came in and clarified for him HomeG. And thanks for the review, very handy info.

My only point is he really needed to look before he leapt, and that you were the best person to ask. Which I quickly digressed from to offer some assurance to the feller he should be right (which I didn't actually spell out).

Not doggin ya, probably be a customer myself shortly

Last edited by gorskinator (2020-05-12 17:20)

With the faith I have left in humanity, I look both ways before crossing a one way street.

#6 2020-05-13 01:20

homegrownNZ

rick_sanchez_420 wrote:

Hey man, I got a 5pack of these a bit ago.  5/5 germed using the paper towel method, I fucked up and killed two in their seedling stage, but the remaining 3 all turned out to be female.  I ordered blue dream and Phantom Cookies Domina, had a change in circumstance and had to let go of two of the 3 plants but kept a very promising Phantom cookies.  At 4 weeks flower now she's got an amazing cherry/bubblegum smell to her and is glistening with trichomes.  If there's a way to upload photos to this forum, let me know, and I'll get a photo of her up. I've grown a fair bit and I've only seen a few strains that bulk up and have so many trichs like this at 28 days flower.  I couldn't have been happier.  They're a bit more than ordering from the overseas sites, but the sting of having a $300+ pack be intercepted is worth going locally to me.  I'd be happy if Homegrown could get some more varieties in, especially from some of the better known breeders, don't think I'm alone in saying I'd be happy to pay that little extra for the piece of mind of buying local.

Thanks for that.. maybe if you can upload to imgur then post the link here if you can do it with a vpn

i have new strains coming from expert seeds, lots of gorilla glue crosses, just hard to get the big brands without having to pay full price which makes it not worth doing

#7 2020-05-13 01:20

homegrownNZ

gorskinator wrote:

Sounds a lot like you're stocking seeds from the colloidal silver method. Reputed as being far and away better.

Glad you came in and clarified for him HomeG. And thanks for the review, very handy info.

My only point is he really needed to look before he leapt, and that you were the best person to ask. Which I quickly digressed from to offer some assurance to the feller he should be right (which I didn't actually spell out).

Not doggin ya, probably be a customer myself shortly

Didnt think you were having a dig cuz, you made good points

#8 2020-05-13 22:10

happydays

Thanks for the replies. I had just seen lots of feedback people had of receiving the seeds but wanted to hear how people got on with the plants once grown. Not that I was doubting or anything but just first time growing and super keen to master the art of producing some gorgeous plants and contrast it to the stuff we are smoking at the moment. We will set up a grow room so any advice on that or mistakes you guys have learnt along the way would be awesome. Also, if you dudes have Netflix you should check out The Legend of 420. Really nice doco on weed. Gets me so pumped every time I watch it. They are so on point with everything.

#9 2020-05-13 23:00

homegrownNZ

happydays wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I had just seen lots of feedback people had of receiving the seeds but wanted to hear how people got on with the plants once grown. Not that I was doubting or anything but just first time growing and super keen to master the art of producing some gorgeous plants and contrast it to the stuff we are smoking at the moment. We will set up a grow room so any advice on that or mistakes you guys have learnt along the way would be awesome. Also, if you dudes have Netflix you should check out The Legend of 420. Really nice doco on weed. Gets me so pumped every time I watch it. They are so on point with everything.

join microgrowry on reddit bro.

mainly keep the temperature and humidity right, a dehumidifier is a must in nz in winter

keep the air moving, pH your nutes, EC is important to measure the amounts of nutes you use

when you run into problems go to that reddit page and you will find help there

learn as much as you can about the medium you go with online too

#10 2020-06-04 15:10

rick_sanchez_420

homegrownNZ wrote:

Thanks for that.. maybe if you can upload to imgur then post the link here if you can do it with a vpn

i have new strains coming from expert seeds, lots of gorilla glue crosses, just hard to get the big brands without having to pay full price which makes it not worth doing

Sweet, for anyone interested heres imgur links (requires clearnet to see so use caution) she's at day 52 of flower now.

https://imgur.com/6tXKx5J

https://imgur.com/gHXjemY

https://imgur.com/IrbBsZK

https://imgur.com/eaNsYG5

#11 2020-06-15 15:00

D.V.S

Hi i want to report on how good the seeds are from Homegrower, I just decided to get into this after being a long time smoker and i can vouch so far on the germination being near 100% I am having trouble with the cold at the moment being winter but all wedding cake have come up and just waiting on the critical relief. Brilliant looking strains from the internet searches. I am very happy being able to order seeds locally and trust this buyers produce due to the experience he has. Im a newbie cultivator so will have to keep a close eye on that reddit forum mentioned in the thread and i will get some pics up when i can there. A great vendor i have tried over seas seeds and have had mild success so this is a great source and excellent competive price on all cannabis products. Thanks homegrower.

Board footer