#1 2019-06-12 22:30

Psychedaddy

Buying bitcoin anonymously with cash?

I'm throwing together a quick guide for total noobs on how to buy from Tor Market.

But I haven't bought bitcoin for years so not sure if/where it can be bought for cash with no ID verification these days.

If ID is gonna be required, will just have to add mixing into the equation.

So where does everyone think is the best/easiest?

#2 2019-06-13 12:50

mushieboy

Re: Buying bitcoin anonymously with cash?

i would love to know this as since localbitcoins banned cash sales im not aware of any option that doesnt require id. im wanting to start using monero to make it untraceable so would be super keen if tor market could implement purchases in monero

#3 2019-06-13 13:30

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

To acquire Monero , I assume you need bitcoin first, so what would be the fees incurred switching into Monero? Then the vendor who receives Monero would need to switch back to Bitcoin wouldn't they? If you add up all those costs I think it would be more efficient to stay in Bitcoin and just mix with Coinjoin wallets.

My understanding is that only sellers need to provide ID to LBC so buyers should be able to buy anonymously.

Last edited by TormarketSupport (2019-06-13 13:30)

#4 2019-06-13 14:00

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

Psychedaddy wrote:

I'm throwing together a quick guide for total noobs on how to buy from Tor Market.

If you want to include images in the guide, the page could be hosted on this server and be written in html.

#5 2019-06-13 14:10

mekkerx

mushieboy wrote:

i would love to know this as since localbitcoins banned cash sales im not aware of any option that doesnt require id. im wanting to start using monero to make it untraceable so would be super keen if tor market could implement purchases in monero

there's two bitcoin ATMs, one in akl and one in dunedin afaik they don't require ID

#6 2019-06-13 14:10

Psychedaddy

tormarket wrote:
Psychedaddy wrote:

If you want to include images in the guide, the page could be hosted on this server and be written in html.

I wont be including images. But I'm not the countries expert on the best way for noobs to buy anonymously, so will be making the guide more 'open source'. Once I've got a rough outline I'll post it here and others can change what I get wrong or fill in the gaps, or add images.

#7 2019-06-13 14:10

Psychedaddy

tormarket wrote:

My understanding is that only sellers need to provide ID to LBC so buyers should be able to buy anonymously.

Ok thanks will go with this for now and can update later if needed.

#8 2019-06-14 17:30

is0m3tr1x

If you can find brokers with a reasonable premium 10-15% is the norm.

What you do in life echoes in eternity...

#9 2019-06-15 02:40

keeparriving

Yeah guys can someone please start an exchange where people can do cash sales now that localbitcoins banned it.

#10 2019-06-16 18:30

mushieboy

Psychedaddy wrote:
tormarket wrote:

Ok thanks will go with this for now and can update later if needed.

I have to provide id to the seller as a buyer on localbitcoins but have found someone who does bank deposit so it stays out of my account at least. you used to be able to buy with cash no id under 10k but they put a stop to that and it was 15% comission..

#11 2019-06-16 18:30

mushieboy

mekkerx wrote:
mushieboy wrote:

there's two bitcoin ATMs, one in akl and one in dunedin afaik they don't require ID

have you used the one in akl by chance? interested in making the trip if the comission is not too high

#12 2019-06-16 18:40

mushieboy

tormarket wrote:

To acquire Monero , I assume you need bitcoin first, so what would be the fees incurred switching into Monero? Then the vendor who receives Monero would need to switch back to Bitcoin wouldn't they? If you add up all those costs I think it would be more efficient to stay in Bitcoin and just mix with Coinjoin wallets.

i definitely have to provide id as a buyer, by switching it to monero after purchase it can no longer be traced to me and i can do whatever with it from there. currently i would have to make it btc again to purchase from the market so if vendors were accepting payment in monero it would cut out a set of tx fees. i havent priced up the full cost but as far as i have read its not too bad and is the only untraceable crypto

#13 2019-06-16 22:20

Ruakaka

Couldn't you just use a BTC tumbler? Or buy with cash off reddit?

#######
๐™๐™ช๐™–๐™ ๐™–๐™ ๐™–
#######

#14 2019-06-17 13:50

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

You just need to find a seller who doesn't require ID. But they will always ask for ID if you are paying with a bank account because banks can reverse transactions or it could be a stolen bank account. So cash deposit at a bank teller is probably the only way a seller will trade without seeing ID.

Board footer