#1 2022-10-08 14:00

JessiePinkman
Banned

AlphaBay Monero Jackpot

So you're never going to believe this, because I'm not certain I believe it myself yet.

I logged into AlphaBay earlier today and was both extremely confused and presently surprised to see that there was just a touch over 7 Monero (XMR) sitting there. So I did what any man would do and withdrew it with haste. Successfully I should point out.

I can't figure out for the life of me how this could have happened but I'll tell you what, I'm not upset about it.

If anyone might have some idea's as to how this might have occurred, I'm very curious to know.

#2 2022-10-14 10:10

etizolam is dead

Re: AlphaBay Monero Jackpot

I made an account only now to reply to this.

Same thing happened to me today. Wont disclose the amount

originally I thought to contact someone to let them know the issue. except I realized it's a losing situation no matter what. I might maybe return the XMR if they fix the website and haven't fucked everyone.

It's unfortunate. I really liked using AlphaBay more than other markets. Its shitty having this constant churn of websites, vendors and buyers needing to build and rebuild rep, never having a community to hold people accountable.

I don't know how they can possibly stay running if they are leaking money like this. What's worse is it happened to you at least 5 days ago, and probably someone else before that. If they don't even know what's going on, then things will get ugly.

I have a few ideas as to what is happening but I am not currently going to share those ideas. I don't want the website to go down. I'm sitting here wondering if I should abuse the problem, and for the moment, I really don't want to.

enjoy the few hundred to few thousand $$$ free, sure, but
watch out for alphabay collapsing

#3 2022-10-14 23:10

JessiePinkman
Banned

Re: AlphaBay Monero Jackpot

Hmmmm very interesting.... I assumed it was a glitch with generating the Monero deposit address for a pay per purchase I had initiated.

I do like AlphaBay for the most pay too and I agree it's frustrating when the leading markets collapse as they leave a big hole in the community. Empire got DDOS'd into oblivion with $500 NZD worth of my coin frustratingly...

You really think you could abuse this? As in prompting it to occur again? I hate theft, I really do, but exploiting a loophole I'm okay with...

You think the coin is being dumped by the market itself somehow as opposed to another user? I just assumed it was due to an address being generated twice somehow or possibly due to a deposit that occurred outside of the allowed time frame and somehow defaulted to the next address generated.

Shame we cant DM on the forum would be interested to hear your theories...

Last edited by JessiePinkman (2022-10-14 23:20)

Board footer