#1 2022-11-09 04:50

zac

Do you think crypto will pump or dump, also, Binance acquiring FTX?

I had this strange dream where BTC was 15k USD and people were sitting around confused and upset about it. But then I looked at the rainbow chart and thought it could definitely happen if the rainbow chart is off and needs to be adjusted, you just need to imagine a rainbow that contracts as a super-volatile new asset matures, and other people seem to think a dump is coming too:
boards dot 4channel dot org slash biz slash thread slash 52269184

And I was walking through a supermarket and there was this big gap in the shelves where products had sold out, which isn't a good sign, it means supply chains are messed up. And then I was in Bunnings and there was this huge gap in the glue section... running out of glue? Not good. And the economic outlook for the UK, at least, is pretty bad.

Edit: breaking news, Binance, the world-s biggest exchange is possibly acquiring FTX, the world-s second or third biggest exchange, it was second a few hours ago, third now after coinbase, but a lot bigger than 4th place Kraken. Quite interesting news articles/tweets about it, some from cz explaining it. Which is related to why everything-s dumping right now

Last edited by zac (2022-11-09 16:40)

#2 2022-11-09 14:00

Xar777

Re: Do you think crypto will pump or dump, also, Binance acquiring FTX?

Have a look at the detailed 30-day chart on coingecko for BTC and XMR. There has been a MASSIVE spike in volume over the last few days for both of them. When the volume spike stops abruptly around the 9th of Nov there is also the big corresponding price blip. Someone or something has been busy...

Don't know how accurate coingecko is though.. do wonder if they get the volume data directly by reading the blockchain or do they get it from exchanges, if it's from exchanges then its hard to trust the data really.

I'm bullish, the market has always been volatile as hell but due to the scarcity factor baked into BTC it's likely that long-term value will continue to gradually rise as it has done in the past. Also drugs. There are way too many dumb pointless coins though, the market still seems a little irrational in that sense but it's good to finally see XMR priced well above BCH these days. I think XMR is still undervalued too, the switch to RandomX mining and various other improvements have all been stellar!

#3 2022-11-09 15:00

diggeroo

I think the billionaires are buying but never too much at a time to keep the price low while they acquire. In European countries they are talking about seizing money based on your race / nationality. Russians living abroad are the first to experience this so Bitcoin is the obvious answer to fully protect themselves.

Last edited by diggeroo (2022-11-09 15:00)

#4 2022-11-09 16:50

zac

The thing with hiding wealth in crypto is that if you don't really trade crypto to make money, which is a type of forex trading isn-t it, then holding BTC/xmr, or anything else, could mean you'll wake up in a year-s time with half or less what you put in. But there-s nothing stopping people from buying USDT or any other US pegged stablecoin, or a coin pegged to gold or silver. That-s what I do. I don't see how or why people holding USDT would pump BTC or alts much, but I suppose it would have some slight effect. Does everyone on here do that? dex-trade.com had a coin that was pegged to silver if anyone wants to try some precious metal investing without buying any precious metals. But if you buy physical precious metals you-ll be more prepared for disaster eg if your entire city loses power-internet for weeks-months-years. I just held USD, and the USD rose to a pleasing 1.8 NZD, though it is falling away again

I need to remove all apostrophes and certain forward slashes and I think brackets from my posts before they will go through, is my VM exploding?

Last edited by zac (2022-11-09 16:50)

#5 2022-11-11 14:40

zac

Binance buying FTX didn't happen, but Btc in the 15,000s (US) just did!

#6 2022-11-14 11:30

PredatorLabs
Verified Vendor

There are dominoes yet to fall. Exchanges quietly insolvent. BTC miners on the verge of bankruptcy. Deleveraging and black swans in traditional finance like stocks and real estate too. I'd say $7,000-$14,000 is a good long term buy zone for BTC but all bets are off if Tether collapses or Michael Saylor gets liq'd.

Board footer