#1 2022-12-07 17:00

UlrikaMonkey

Signing for a package

I've read several times over the years that if you are asked to sign for a non signature package then you shouldn't sign because thats admitting to ordering the package. This doesn't make sense to me, wouldn't that make you look more suspicious? The package could be anything from anyone? maybe its a gift from your grandma..

#2 2022-12-07 18:30

m92fs
Banned

Re: Signing for a package

Nah, theres no way thats true. The average law abiding person has no idea if their package is signed or non signed and id go as far as to say most people would sign for a package with their name on it even if they weren't expecting one. Like you said, could be a gift from grandma.

You have way too much plausible deniability for it to be any kind of evidence against you

Last edited by m92fs (2022-12-07 18:30)

#3 2022-12-11 09:10

UlrikaMonkey

yeah i thought it seemed a bit pointless.. what would you say if LE knocked on your door after intercepting a package addressed to you in your name though?

Also, if you never received a package you were waiting on, and therefore assumed it had been intercepted by LE, would you still make orders using your name if you changed address? Or would you consider your name indefinitely red flagged (at least for the foreseeable future)?

#4 2022-12-12 09:40

m92fs
Banned

If they intercept before it gets to you and call to your door then deny any knowledge of it. They are only fishing for an admission and can't do anything without it. If you could get into trouble for that then all you would have to do to someone you dont like is send a very obvious package of heroine to their door and laugh as they get arrested.

Im not sure about burnt addresses. I've heard its a thing but have seen no concrete evidence of it but maybe someone else can weigh in.

#5 2022-12-13 05:20

Clouds

burnt addresses are real idiot !!! When they find a package containing drugs they add the name & address to a database & when you next pack is scanned it will come up a warning & they will search every package going to that address & in that name.

#6 2022-12-13 15:50

UlrikaMonkey

So your name will be burned for the rest of eternity? Or just your name & address in combination?

#7 2022-12-15 22:50

m92fs
Banned

Idiot is a bit much, only having a discussion mate. I will say this, I have had a couple of packages intercepted by customs and I have had many packages arrive after those interceptions. If such a DB exists, it didn't work well enough to stop my others. Also, many people live in rented accommodation where people move frequently and a lot use fake names.
I imagine if such a DB exists its for big shipments caught and not for a 1 gram order but I'm only guessing here so what ever

#8 2022-12-16 02:20

TucoSalamanca
Verified Vendor

So heres a true story. A couple living in *asian country* in an apartment / boarding house style property. Male signs for a package that doesn't have his name on it. He regularly purchases shoes and other stuff to on sell so didn't bother to check and given the language barrier its unlikely it was made apparent to him by the delivery person. Take parcel inside, opens it and sees a bunch of plastic plumbing pipe/tub materials, short lengths of large diameter tubing. *asian* police smash there way in an hour or two later and arrest both of the occupants. Tubes were packed with Crystal Meth, totaling 500g not ideal. *asian countries* legal system works a little differently, they were arrested but no charges were laid whilst investigations took place, they have 28 days to lay charges or apply for a further 28 days to try and locate the evidence they require. So they both sit in a police jail as such, separated from each other. The police interrogate them both and try and get the other to confess or inform on the other of the import. Thankfully neither genuinely knew about it, contrary to what I suspected at the time. 28 days go by they apply for an extention. Eventually 56 days spent in remand behind bars they are released due to lack of evidence. Working theory was it was the neighbors, business named matched, presumably they had hoped to intercept it or ask their neighbor if they had received a parcel for them by mistake, address typo or something to that effect. Interesting system though, no charges required to hold them in custody but at least they couldn't find the proof on computers or other digital devices and couldn't link it directly so nothing serious eventuated. Pretty sure in NZ you would have been charged all day long and spent a fortune in legal fees to try and prove your innocence.

Last edited by TucoSalamanca (2022-12-16 02:30)

Board footer