#1 2023-11-24 14:50

RandomGuy

Incognito Exchange please explain

Hi, recently tried to exchange some BTC to XMR. I guess I didn't check the posted exchange estimates first? I can't understand the answer to my ticket at all, or know how to get the attention of someone there for more of an answer. Maybe someone here knows exactly what they are saying? In short I had around NZ$700 disappear and I think they're telling me it's gone and I made a human error when I input the amount I wanted to transfer and hit the transfer button.

Please view the image before responding.

http://dumpliwoard5qsrrsroni7bdiishealh … 343522.png

#2 2023-11-26 10:20

RandomGuy

Re: Incognito Exchange please explain

and here's the update. http://dumpliwoard5qsrrsroni7bdiishealh … 23af31.png

can tormarket come back now, already been burned by all these other markets closing and pulling stuff like this

#3 2023-11-27 12:30

raccooncable

I'd try posting this somewhere that's got more traffic -

1. Go to darkfail.io
2. Follow the link to the .onion version of darkfail.io
3. Follow the link on the .onion version of darkfail.io to dread
4. Find the DarkNetMarkets community there and post what you've posted here

I've had a good look at your screenshots and it really seems like it might've unfortunately been human error but my understanding of crypto is moderate at best.

#4 2023-11-29 18:20

RandomGuy

I was told to message them directly on dread, rather than in a public thread. And they wont allow pictures posted without prior approval.
Anyway, the only market rates I can see I would have to manually convert each time to make sure I'm not getting ripped off.

They can always just say it was human error, a bug, isolated incident, nothing they can do etc. How many people actually do this though, check the rates first?

Last edited by RandomGuy (2023-11-29 18:20)

#5 2023-11-29 18:20

RandomGuy

So just a warning to anyone exchanging money on incognito to manually convert the current listed exchange rates which I'm still not really sure where it's located.

Just don't exchange money there I guess.

P.S sorry for double post, I was getting errors trying to post it all in one post and gave up

#6 2023-12-28 23:10

RandomGuy

I just want to give an update since I now know what probably happened. The admins there are really useless when it comes to explaining things. Likely I copy pasted the amount into the second set of fields twice. The first set, limit order uses automatic rate conversion. The second set, market order you can enter the amount you want to trade for. Someone else can explain in more detail how the second set works. Point to take away is be careful with copy paste. I'm lucky I didn't lose too much.

Board footer