#1 2019-08-27 13:00

johnnykey

Verifying bitcoin address help

"The Bitcoin payment address is always signed with this website's key which you should have saved. You may verify the address with PGP to ensure it is authentic.".
how do i actually do this ? So I understand i need the bitcoin address , a message, and signature. The address being the bitcoin address. is the message the text box that looks like this on the purchase page?
"-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: EXAMPLE

12345678910ABCDEFG
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

QWERTYUUIOP[ASDFGHJKLZXCVBNMQWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNMQWERTYUIOASDFGHJZXCVB.....................................................GOESONFORFEWMORELINES.......
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

And for the signature is it Tor Market Public Key?
I used this website to try verify the bitcoin address, but it couldn't be verified so i must be doing something wrong. http://brainwalletx.github.io/#verify
however I am unsure if I am even putting in the correct info. Does anyone have any suggestions to verify the address or correct me where ive gone wrong. and is it always recomended to do this?
thanks
I UNDERSTAND PGP KEYS JUST NEED HELP VERIFYING BITCOIN ADDRESS

#2 2019-08-28 00:10

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

Re: Verifying bitcoin address help

It is just a text message signed with PGP. All you need to do it verify the text message. If the signature fails then don't pay the bitcoin address in the text message, because it means the website was hacked.

Board footer