#1 2019-09-25 09:10

Ruakaka

Drop address mailbox

Hypothetically...

Let's say you're aware of a block of flats with a shared driveway that all have identical mail boxes, or something similar - if you went to Bunnings and bought one of the same mail boxes and stuck it there with the rest of them, would that be a useful drop address?

I'm trying to think if I were one of the people who live in those flats and I saw a new mailbox one morning and no extra flat to go along with it, I might stop and ponder on it for a minute, but then I don't think I'd really care.

#######
๐™๐™ช๐™–๐™ ๐™–๐™ ๐™–
#######

#2 2019-09-25 14:00

HaletianTaboo's

Re: Drop address mailbox

If they are the same number just add a letter not already used by theirs to it and you'll be good as gold as long as you put the letter after the number. It might raidse a few eyebrows from the flatters but if I saw an extra mailbox I wouldn't give a fuck. This is really unnecessary unless you are bringing in international orders or really don't want vendors seeing you location.

eg 22B Fake street

#3 2019-09-25 15:40

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

If you use NZ post lookup tool they know exactly what is a real address or not, similar to Google maps. So it might not even get past the sorting stage. Anyone know if they use OCR to sort?

#4 2019-09-25 15:50

HaletianTaboo's

tormarket wrote:

If you use NZ post lookup tool they know exactly what is a real address or not, similar to Google maps. So it might not even get past the sorting stage. Anyone know if they use OCR to sort?

To be honest I don't think so, since I've have had a letter with part of the address covered with a postal stamp in a birthday card from NL (pretty shit stealth imo) and it actually still arrived. but if you are unsure try just sending a letter to a fake address and see what happens. IMO customs cares more about packages than letters.

If it's a letter you should be fine but if its a package especially from places like the Netherlands, Uk, USA, poland or germany or any asian country it likely will be opened.

If its just like 168A Fake st they might just send it as 168 Fake street and hope the mail man can find it. But ultimately its up to you mate.
I'd personally say Ur chances are pretty good if its just small amounts and not big rocks of MD or meth or whatever. Just first order make it small and see what happens.

Best of luck

HaletianTaboo's

#5 2019-09-25 17:40

Ronald McDruggled
Verified Vendor
Website

NZ post's lookup tool isn't that great it seems and I suspect their methods for determining what is and isn't a legit address, getting it there on time, or their procedures for what to do when they get a red flag are not any better. I have gained learned experience of this with only the short time I have spent vending up until now.

(NOTE to my past customers on this forum: if I appear to be referring to you, pay it no mind and refrain from identifying yourself or explaining what happened. I could be talking about another customer who has experienced the exact same thing as you.

Will do my best to keep you safe and anonymous and refrain from discussing any specific details that relate to you)

I've had a customer/s whose addresses supposedly aren't meant to receive mail according to the lookup tool, they got the stuff they ordered perfectly fine with no issues.
I can also verify it's the kind of address you wouldn't be surprised can't receive mail/would be a plausible reason for it not to, although I'm not going spell out the specific detail of why.

Then there's another customer/s who insisted his address's postcode was X, he's received other things with the same address, google maps also says his postcode is X, NZpost says it's actually Y, I send it to postcode X and it is received

They have other epic fails too, really whether NZpost are going to be professional or incompetent with any given task is like a gamble or russian roulette it seems to me

Cheers,
McDrugs - i'm Lovin' It! :D

Board footer