#1 2019-11-20 20:10

heretoday

Su

Ha

Last edited by heretoday (2020-04-23 18:20)

#2 2019-11-22 08:20

MrRobot

Re: Su

heretoday wrote:

*****USAGE*****
Started with a few days using 300gm/day each month then GAVE IT A MORE SERIOUS BOUT AS I FOUND MYSELF BEING VERY INTROSPECTIVE AND FEELING I WAS HEALING MUCH ANGST FROM MY PAST

All up in the last 18 months have used about 40 grams with lots of regular "REST PERIODS" of between a day or two and a month or two so that's about 120 days using in total (usually 300 - 500gm /day).
BUT in last 6 months have only used 4 grams, just don't feel the need so much anymore (but still do enjoy it) plus in a new relationship which is taking much of my focus happily.......

Great write up. Though for the sake of harm reduction I would not advise anyone to take it daily, let alone take up to half a gram a day. Plz don't take this the wrong way, but that is the arena of ketamine addiction. It's great it has helped you heal emotionally, but if others followed suit they could easily end up in a whole lot more mess than they begun. A quick read at the research suggest for someone with treatment resistant depression they only need 0.5mg/kg IV every 2-3 days, with increasing lengths of abstinence to be clinically effective. It's still not clear on what the therapeutic dose is, but it may end up being less than this or less frequent. The only reason I raise concern here is ketamine can cause excitotoxity within the brain, which basically means as the drug wears off it causes nerve cells to over react causing stress on a biochemical level.

On the flip side a large scale longitudinal study did fail to find cognitive deficits in ex heavy users. This does not necessarily mean it didn't cause any damage, it could instead indicate the brain has an amazing ability to rewire itself to compensate for damage.

Stay safe.

Edit: grammar mistakes

Last edited by MrRobot (2019-11-22 10:20)

#3 2019-11-22 10:20

MrRobot

Good to see you know your limits. I think with any drug that acts as an antidepressant, therapy and other life changes are probably just as important if not more so to having long lasting changes to mental health.

#4 2019-11-22 18:10

Blurple

woah. big dosage. You get an anti-depressant effect from well below a k-hole and don't need it often.

There is a good reddit thread from someone who works in ketamine research.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/h3lbk/ketamine_as_a_powerful_antidepressant_if_you_have/

#5 2019-11-23 01:20

Ronald McDruggled
Verified Vendor
Website

Why not IM? Has been perfectly fine for me with regular racemate ket, and the bioavailability is 3 times higher so I only use a third as much.

I know much of the research is done using nasal spray but I've seen a ketamine iv drip in a medical setting before

Considering what ketamine does to the urinary tract when taken orally, and if you snort hard/deep enough to get drips that portion is getting digested, wouldn't IM be healthier?
Could get one of those injecty tube things for redosing without re-exposing ones self to the needle I reckon.

Main downside is the cold, otherwise don't know about others, I'm squeamish with my veins but not my muscles

Cheers,
McDrugs - i'm Lovin' It! :D

#6 2019-11-23 12:00

MrRobot

Good point Ronald, though in some ways IM scares me more than IV. How long does the experience last compared to intranasal?

I'm not sure but I suspect any route may cause issues with bladder as once the drug is in the blood, it's excreted via kidneys, however a IV dose being small it may result in less being passed through.

#7 2019-11-23 16:00

Ronald McDruggled
Verified Vendor
Website

Significantly shorter imo, not sure exactly, would say by the same amount as intranasal is shorter than oral. Digging through a duck duck go search may help.
Much more than compensates by being stronger though.

Should mention, double checked bioavailability, can be anywhere from 25 to 50 percent intranasal, 30 oral, 93 IM and of course as always 100 IV. I'm told IV is the golden standard of bioavailability, basically if it's in your blood it's 100 percent by default.

Cheers,
McDrugs - i'm Lovin' It! :D

Board footer