#1 2019-07-09 15:40

JamesTaylor

DMT and electronic vaporizers

Interested if anyone knows of, or has had success with electronic vaporizers like the 'Focusvape' or 'The Mighty' (or any other vaporizers) with smoking freebase DMT? Any information or advice using  this method would be appreciated. I have tried Changa and a glass water bong with limited success so I am researching other possible methods. I have also been told of a method of making a vaporizer called 'The Machine'.

#2 2019-07-11 07:30

Wobble121

Re: DMT and electronic vaporizers

Most recommended method I have seen is mixing the freebase in PG vape juice in a regular juice vape rather than a herb vape like the mighty. You probably could use a herb vape but would have to lay it on bud or some sort of medium so that when it melts it doesn't run down out of the chamber and into the vape

#3 2019-07-19 11:40

samtheman1990

I actually own a heap of dry herb vapes..  if you also use weed.. definitely go for either a mighty or a volcano.. both are excellent (storz n bickel are best in class).. the volcano is an absolute beast for dmt... but I can easily breakthrough on a mighty

What they wont work for properly is changa as they dont get hot enough for harmaline to vaporize.. but both are worth every penny if you also smoke weed

Last edited by samtheman1990 (2019-07-19 11:50)

#4 2019-10-18 00:40

squarecircle

samtheman1990 can you use the mighty for both weed and dmt. I have heard that the smell can stick to it.

#5 2019-10-18 09:20

samtheman1990

squarecircle - welcome to the forum!

You can indeed use the mighty for both DMT and cannabis.

For DMT - load up the concentrate pad - screw the top piece on  - heat to 365f - use the heat up time to set intention... then go for gold... 2 pull breakthrough everytime for me..

Yes the smell can linger - but it's nothing a couple bowls of cannabis wont get rid of - alternatively - you can use a separate cooling head just for DMT

#6 2019-10-18 10:10

squarecircle

That's very useful to know, thanks. I had done some googling of the question before but I couldn't find anyone's experience.

#7 2019-10-18 19:10

JamesTaylor

Anyone had experience with the Firefly vape? It has a similar chamber than the Mighty and comes with a liquid pad. Interested to hear if so.

#8 2019-10-21 14:20

alicethecamel

the only vape i rate for herb is PAX3. All the others I've seen people buy they are always disappointing. If not immediately, when they start to break and fail...

PAX3 is rock solid.

Note I've never used it for DMT but keen to hear how it works. It has an oven adapter for extracts which should work for DMT.

Last edited by alicethecamel (2019-10-21 14:20)

#9 2019-10-23 12:50

samtheman1990

I'll just preface this comment with: I own (or have recently owned) a LOT of these vaporizers.. just to list em:
[(CV) = convection, (CD) = Conduction, (H) = Hybrid)

Mighty (H), crafty (H) (before the mighty), volcano (CV) , plenty (CV) (don't own, but extensively used), extreme Q ((CV) firefly 2 (CV) , Pax 3 (CD), ghost MV1 (CV), davinci IQ (CD), the argo (CV/H), a dynavap (CD), and a bunch of lower end conduction devices)

Personally, i MUCH MUCH prefer convection based vaporizers over conduction and convection is something you certainly want for DMT. The pax is good for a conduction based vape though - I'll give it that.. and it's size, heat up time and the app are all great) - i wouldn't use it for DMT though due to being a conduction vape with limited airflow. by far my frav conduction based device though

But for me personally, the problem with conduction devices are the way you need to use them.

Convection relies on hot air to heat the substance - this means no direct contact with whatever you are going to be vaporizing which allows for more even heating, better flavor imo, better efficiency. And with a convection vape - the more you inhale - the more hot air you draw over the substance, the more the substance vaporizes

Conduction works using direct heat - like a stove top, to bring the chamber up to temperature - this can result in uneven heating / burning in some cases, poorer flavor (imo) and if you draw often and hard - it will drop the oven temp below vaporization temp.. you have to sip them like a hot cup of coffee

James - RE the firefly - it's good for certain circumstances although mine mostly gets unused - what it is good at is as a quick one-hitter. Regardless of what you have read - i can assure you the chamber is smaller than the mighty/ crafty by a decent margin  - you'll get a few hits off of a bowl and then will need to either stir or re-load... and due to the way it's designed - it has the steepest learning curve of all the vaporizers - you gotta take LONG 10s + draws to get anywhere decent with it and then the bowl is finished. If you wanna vape in a cinema, hospital or generally anywhere you shouldn't be... then the firefly is the tool of choice. It's useless for DMT compared to the mighty/crafty - you gotta preheat the pad and even then, it's a bit lacklustre at best due to the restricted airflow.. dont get me wrong, it'll work.. but just..

The mighty and crafty are basically the same in terms of performance - and are easily the best in class. EASILY. I could write a long ass review on why i think that - but basically any review site you go on for portable vapes will say the same thing and with good reason. What i don't like about the crafty is the battery life - 5 sessions and you're recharging and you can't use the pass-through function until the battery is at least like 25% charged - the mighty has double the battery life and if it's dead - you can just plug it in and use it off of the main powers.
Decent airflow, amazing flavor, it'll basically munt anyone that uses it for herbs, works great with dmt. and the collection head collects heaps of delicious oil

Mighty and the argo are my regular devices (argo for convenience of having removable 18650 battery). Volcano comes out with guests wink

Last edited by samtheman1990 (2019-10-23 15:10)

#10 2019-10-23 14:50

squarecircle

Thanks samtheman1990. Have been thinking of buying a vaporizer soon and your thoughts were very helpful.

#11 2020-01-29 17:10

JamesTaylor

Hey samtheman1990! Thanks for all your thoughts on vaporizers. I FINALLY invested in "The Mighty".

I have some 5-MeO-DMT "oxalate" which I have have used with an oil pipe and vaped but I have to get my technique 'perfect' so it's a little hit and miss. Still works but all depends on the techique.

What temperature would you use for the 5-MeO on The Mighty? Do you wait for it to heat up to the temp and wait a few minutes?

10 sec inhale and then hold for 10? How many draws... I think you mentioned 1 on your trip report.

Any help appreciated. Thanks smile

#12 2020-02-13 08:10

Ruakaka

No one wants to talk about dabbing dmt?

#######
๐™๐™ช๐™–๐™ ๐™–๐™ ๐™–
#######

#13 2020-02-17 13:50

samtheman1990

JamesTaylor wrote:

Hey samtheman1990! Thanks for all your thoughts on vaporizers. I FINALLY invested in "The Mighty".

I have some 5-MeO-DMT "oxalate" which I have have used with an oil pipe and vaped but I have to get my technique 'perfect' so it's a little hit and miss. Still works but all depends on the techique.

What temperature would you use for the 5-MeO on The Mighty? Do you wait for it to heat up to the temp and wait a few minutes?

10 sec inhale and then hold for 10? How many draws... I think you mentioned 1 on your trip report.

Any help appreciated. Thanks smile

365oF bro (that's my weed temp - but it seems to work great for NN and 5 as well - but feel free to experiemnt) ... However, you're way better off converting to freebase for vaping which is pretty easy wink

and usually i can do it in one... two or 3 tops for NN as you have much more in terms of weight in there...

give it a min after it's reached temp - this ensures that everything has nicely melted into the concentrate pad wink

Board footer