#1 2019-04-13 19:40

completeapathy

Safely purchase bitcoin?

Most people i know use localbitcoins, but at the amount i would like to purchase i cannot do it via cash deposit, is an online transfer with id safe? Any opinions would be great thanks.

#2 2019-04-15 09:00

is0m3tr1x

Re: Safely purchase bitcoin?

Define safe?

IMO Its merely an illusion presented to give you a false sense of security which is dependant on your paranoia level.

What kind of safety are you looking for exactly?
ID, Clean BTC, Clean bank xfer?

Please be a little more specific.

What you do in life echoes in eternity...

#3 2019-04-16 11:50

completeapathy

I guess what im trying to ascertain is the standard method of small time buyers in new zealand, most people i talk to buy bitcoin from places that dont require id and can be done with a cash deposit. however i cannot find any that dont require id within my minimum purchase range, plus a cash deposit is not really viable for me. Are other people on here ok with providing id, is that standard for people buying small amount? im new to the online scene now i dont have friends that do this for me.

#4 2019-04-16 19:10

tordoctor
Verified Vendor
Website

My opinion is there is nothing to worry about. However, avoid sending direct to an illegal market from your LBC wallet. Make the payment to the market out of your own personal wallet on your phone or computer and not a hosted wallet.

#5 2019-04-20 14:00

funboxhere

Most seller will not worry about id via cash deposit via ATM, they ask for ID so they ar enot questioned, if you spend a bit more time talking to some sellers or even look at some btc pages on facebook make some contacts, if you deal in bitcoin most know what your using it for if your buying small amounts, the reason btc blew up was when the darknet was but in the media as an option to buy drugs. like tordoctor said use a personal wallet you'll be sweet. I have used ID a fe times, just from being too lazy to go hunting, but you can also trade multiple crypto coins to get btc.

Board footer