#1 2019-04-27 12:30

kong

NZ Bank Account Personal/Business

Hi, wondering if any of the vendors are able to provide a business or personal NZ bank account with internet banking activated + sim card?  Debit cards aren't required.

Cheers

#2 2019-04-27 20:20

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

Re: NZ Bank Account Personal/Business

curious, are you looking to rent someones bank account?

#3 2019-04-27 22:10

is0m3tr1x

Hmmm this hasn't really taken off in NZ.

Could definately be worthwhile...

What you do in life echoes in eternity...

#4 2019-05-06 22:10

Luifizer

If anyone has NZ bank drops, they're brick & mortar drops, and ain't no one going to sell these.  The days of opening NZ drops exclusively online are gone. A couple of weeks after opening an account, they ask you to come in.

Last edited by Luifizer (2019-05-06 22:10)

#5 2019-05-07 09:00

FakeIDSNZ
Banned

I could be interested in facilitating the documents needed to open bank accounts and P.O Boxes in exchange for access to some of these drops personally

Contact me in TOR market to discuss specifics

#6 2019-05-07 13:50

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

Apparently some professional bitcoin traders in NZ have a set of bank accounts belonging to other people that they spread the transactions over to minimize the volume of transactions in each account. All because the banks don't like bitcoin.

#7 2020-11-22 23:00

kong

TormarketSupport wrote:

Apparently some professional bitcoin traders in NZ have a set of bank accounts belonging to other people that they spread the transactions over to minimize the volume of transactions in each account. All because the banks don't like bitcoin.

I've come across this when using local cryptos.  The same vendor with 2 bank accs to two different people. 
In reply to your first comment, yes I'm looking to borrow a bank account to deposit and buy crypto from in return for a % of the cash deposited. 

Obviously deposits would be below the $10k threshold and bi-weekly or monthly.

#8 2020-11-22 23:00

kong

Luifizer wrote:

If anyone has NZ bank drops, they're brick & mortar drops, and ain't no one going to sell these.  The days of opening NZ drops exclusively online are gone. A couple of weeks after opening an account, they ask you to come in.

Yeah I know for banks a visit is required, with some credit unions you can get away with having the required docs (passport etc.) signed by a person of authority and posted into the branch. 

I don't need the exclusive use of one, the borrowing in return for a % of the deposit would be sweet.

Last edited by kong (2020-11-22 23:00)

#9 2020-11-25 00:00

ropata2

Is it written anywhere that $10K is a threshold? I know of $9500 being deposited and then a few months later the bank demanded answers about it.

Last edited by ropata2 (2020-11-25 00:00)

#10 2020-11-26 03:10

kong

ropata2 wrote:

Is it written anywhere that $10K is a threshold? I know of $9500 being deposited and then a few months later the bank demanded answers about it.

Yip it came into force as part of the AML regs a few years ago.  Links below.

Millions of dollars was laundered through a few of the local banks.  When it was all uncovered they got slapped with hefty fines which they weren't too happy about so they upgraded their systems which flags anything out of the norm on your account. 

Let's say your monthly deposits are $2,000 for 6 months and then all of a sudden $9,500 is in there that will raise a flag which they then review, talk to the customer if needed and if not totally happy with your answer pass the info on.

If you deposited  $9,500 every month then it probably wouldn't get picked up. 

With regards to the $10k limit It doesn't have to be a $10k lump sum it could be 5 Transactions of $2k within a few days of each other which will cause a flag. 

Physical cash is getting harder and harder to deposit unless you have a cash business. 

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-services/businesses-and-organisations/nz-financial-intelligence-unit-fiu/prescribed

#11 2020-11-28 04:20

anchor

kong wrote:
ropata2 wrote:

Yip it came into force as part of the AML regs a few years ago.  Links below.

Millions of dollars was laundered through a few of the local banks.  When it was all uncovered they got slapped with hefty fines which they weren't too happy about so they upgraded their systems which flags anything out of the norm on your account. 

Let's say your monthly deposits are $2,000 for 6 months and then all of a sudden $9,500 is in there that will raise a flag which they then review, talk to the customer if needed and if not totally happy with your answer pass the info on.

If you deposited  $9,500 every month then it probably wouldn't get picked up. 

With regards to the $10k limit It doesn't have to be a $10k lump sum it could be 5 Transactions of $2k within a few days of each other which will cause a flag. 

Physical cash is getting harder and harder to deposit unless you have a cash business. 

https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-services/businesses-and-organisations/nz-financial-intelligence-unit-fiu/prescribed

I know a certain bank that operates in NZ has a number of table columns containing the phrase "AML", with lots of extra tracking for only a few accounts.  I'm just told not to worry about that stuff though, so I'm not sure what triggers the extra tracking.

Board footer