#1 2020-07-29 22:00

salmonman69

Discord markets?

Has anyone heard or used discord for buying/selling purposes?
I've heard a few people think it's the go and I understand that the opspec is in the negatives but if anyone has information on servers I'd be interested in being able to give them a look

#2 2020-07-30 00:10

DaddyLongLegs

Re: Discord markets?

I've used both the darkweb and discord servers quite a bit. They both have their pros and cons.

Discord Pros, Can pay with cash (rather than buying btc through an exchange with your ID), Can normally get product within hours rather than days.

Discord Cons, Product quality is lower on average, Quite considerably. Theres a lot more disc servers than NZ DNMs so you can get ripped off and leave bad reviews and they just bounce to a new server with a new ID. The possibility of being rolled because you have to meet face to face, Happens a lot.

If you have the Opsec in place with a good way of getting anonymous crypto i'd highly recommend using the DNM's. Although with the recent price hike discord servers are actually a little bit cheaper at this point in time. Buuut if you find a good discord dealer with great product it's so much easier to just stay with them and drive over to their house once a week.

#3 2020-07-31 19:00

Ronald McDruggled
Verified Vendor
Website

They're only encrypted with https

I'd recommend avoiding any where people are asking for or offering meth

Some channels have restricted invite or failing that ones that require sellers to verify with screenshots of past trades so you're in safer hands in those

Personally I've found 80% of the time these discord people will have real hood rat account names and profile pictures and they turn out to be scrawny 5 foot pale white kids irl, alot are really friendly they'll be baked or tripping while doing business so honestly I find it far more safe and secure than outside of the discords and circles of people you know well

Cheers,
McDrugs - i'm Lovin' It! :D

#4 2020-08-01 17:10

m92fs
Banned

Where would one find these discord servers?

#5 2020-08-04 09:30

martinagrice

m92fs wrote:

I'd be interested to find out too. The couple of times I've ventured onto Discord there's been no signs of suitable chats for obtaining what I'm after although I wouldn't expect there to be a big flashing sign either.

Discord just seems too hard to navigate but guess I may have to investigate further if TorMarket remains dry....

#6 2020-08-04 11:30

DaddyLongLegs

m92fs wrote:

You have to be invited to one.

#7 2020-08-04 14:40

martinagrice

DaddyLongLegs wrote:
m92fs wrote:

You have to be invited to one.

And therein lies the difficulty as you have to know someone already on one to get on one. Would be great to find a decent Discord dealer with good product rather than relying on patchy DNMs.

Last edited by martinagrice (2020-08-04 14:40)

#8 2020-08-06 13:30

god_is_a_dj

you guys know discord reports illegal activities to law enforcement right? i dont know why you'd risk it.

that said, i've seen people sell openly sell baked goods on facebook so idk, guess im just paranoid.

#9 2020-08-06 14:20

whofus

^people selling on fb get busted all the time, police crack down at will whenever they need to meet quota probably. Social media drug dealing is only for people who don't give a fuck, it's the same mindset as opening a public tinny house.

Discord is the worst of all though, they proactively report illegal activity, fb will at least wait for legal requests. Discord is also the kind of place that attracts rip offs and robbery, it's a site for for young gamers and young gamers are known to be worth robbing.

#10 2020-08-06 19:30

martinagrice

god_is_a_dj wrote:

you guys know discord reports illegal activities to law enforcement right? i dont know why you'd risk it.

that said, i've seen people sell openly sell baked goods on facebook so idk, guess im just paranoid.

Thanks, I was not aware of that.

I guess the reason people will risk it is because the DNMs in NZ for certain products are dry at the moment and it's still perceived as less risky than importing.

I just hope more domestic vendors come on Tor Market soon.

Board footer