#1 2020-08-16 15:50

GreenMachine

What's up with all these unknown strains?

Honestly I'm sick of vendors on the TOR market selling bulk weed without knowing anything about what they're selling other than "it's real potent bro" or "good shit", it would be nice to have some vendors that actual know their shit.

#2 2020-08-16 18:50

Strainforest
Banned
Website

Re: What's up with all these unknown strains?

The majority of listings do have the strain noted. But the NZ cannabis scene is still pretty amateur, a lot of growers probably got a clone or some seeds from someone in the scene years ago and haven't bothered getting anything else because most NZ smokers are just happy to have weed

http://rrlm2f22lpqgfhyydqkxxzv6snwo5qvc2krjt2q557l7z4te7fsvhbid.onion/profiles/48d23587-a67a-415a-993c-6f3833eed94c

#3 2020-08-16 18:50

NZTick

Complete agree. I stocked up when we had that mad month of every grower harvesting but since then most listings have been pretty lame. A few vendors are still putting up reasonable bud but nothing like a couple months ago. I'm still keeping my eye out for any tempting listings. I could always try another interesting strain big_smile

#4 2020-08-17 15:00

god_is_a_dj

+1

vendors, grow some known sativas and charge a premium, we'll pay...

wonder how long it would stay like this once legalized, hopefully not long.

#5 2020-08-18 23:40

whofus

what bulk weed are you talking about? I hardly ever see anything above an oz for sale on here and not often without a "strain" for what that is worth.

if you mean GreenNZ he probably does know about weed since he always has primo shit at a good price. most hybrid weed isn't that different in effects, quality of grow and cure is more important than strain name with the kind he sells.

#6 2020-08-19 17:50

Climm

Strain doesn't mean much when you are dealing with imported seeds, the phenotypic variation within these seeds is huge. People who claim that they need this or that strain are suffering placebo effect, very sad to see.

#7 2020-08-19 21:00

homegrownNZ
Banned

The initial poster could be kiwi as bro.. but if it is a legit complaint

we use to grow different strains in 2018 and 2019 buyers from around then will attest to the quality of the buds and people did like knowing what they were getting

now buying bulk from the nz scene a lot of the time we dont get a strain name.

the seeds we have grown have had a bit of phenotypic variation but at the same time you can usually tell they are related. some strains have been worked on more than others. stuff we grew like sugar black rose is a 20+ y.o strain so pretty stable genetics.

Last edited by homegrownNZ (2020-08-19 21:00)

#8 2020-08-20 01:20

toothache

also the massive paranoia about tracking! Vendors OPSEC blah blah blah, can get the track of the package when it arrives! For illegal activity you sure try to put every condition on legit buyers, I wont say wake up cause you already know! stop being fuckwits , this is not trade me you cunts!

#9 2020-08-20 01:30

toothache

GreenMachine wrote:

Honestly I'm sick of vendors on the TOR market selling bulk weed without knowing anything about what they're selling other than "it's real potent bro" or "good shit", it would be nice to have some vendors that actual know their shit.

hopefully these leeches lose there shit when legalised!  good dealers are priceless but these fuckin leeches days are numbered!

#10 2020-08-20 02:00

NzTopGear
Verified Vendor

Yeah prices aren't the best but go out on the street and find it cheaper? Y'all complain too much for doing nothing? Want cheaper, better and know the strain of bud? Go do it yourself, tell us how it goes and maybe you could supply us bro? ? just know that any and all legit good vendors do work on providing the best for their customers, this isn't obviously valid when everyone one TM that's buying bud is happy and glad that they aren't going out and meeting people at dodgy places, dodgy houses and so yeah cheaper is mint but this is a pretty safe way to get what you need and at a decent price still. If you can find a mint dealer on the street then by all means go for it but other than the market is the market hah. Do something about it bro ?♂️

And agree with Homegrown, you really don't know for sure what the strain is unless its our own harvest and when that happens then prices would be a lot better

Last edited by NzTopGear (2020-08-20 02:00)

#11 2020-08-20 11:00

god_is_a_dj

Those getting offended, I don't think there's any need to be, posters in this thread are just indicating what they would like, nothing wrong with that. Supply and demand causes prices and we're just putting the call out for quality if possible... if you don't grow your own then that's inescapable... but some of us come here for quality we can't get off the guy down the road...

homegrownNZ wrote:

we use to grow different strains in 2018 and 2019 buyers from around then will attest to the quality of the buds and people did like knowing what they were getting

shame that ended bro but fair enough sad

Climm wrote:

Strain doesn't mean much when you are dealing with imported seeds, the phenotypic variation within these seeds is huge. People who claim that they need this or that strain are suffering placebo effect, very sad to see.

When a seller can't tell me what genotype they've got, it's a bit silly to start talking about phenotypes. yes its relevant but am I smoking couchlock indica, mind buzz sativa, or (jeez, I wish I could try) a high CBD option? Oh its just "high quality outdoor" or "great smoke indoor" no thanks...

As an ex grower, now a consumer of tiny amounts for legal risk reasons, I know I like almost pure Sativa, and there isn't much choice unfortunately compared to Cali, Amsterdam, etc.

toothache wrote:

also the massive paranoia about tracking! Vendors OPSEC blah blah blah, can get the track of the package when it arrives! For illegal activity you sure try to put every condition on legit buyers, I wont say wake up cause you already know! stop being fuckwits , this is not trade me you cunts!

bro what, calm down. Security is top of mind on here. If you don't care about security head off to face book buy sell groups.

NzTopGear wrote:

Yeah prices aren't the best but go out on the street and find it cheaper? Y'all complain too much for doing nothing? Want cheaper, better and know the strain of bud? Go do it yourself, tell us how it goes and maybe you could supply us bro?

No need to get angry about it. Your prices are actually some of the cheaper on here. Not everyone is in the position to grow. Hopefully that changes soon.

#12 2020-08-20 14:50

NzTopGear
Verified Vendor

No where near angry bruv smile all the vendors on here try their best to provide mean products at the best price they can and it's a bit sad when you see outsiders come in and complain about strains, prices etc. its a choice, no ones forcing ya. These type of opinions are just stupid, do something about it then? I'd love to get cheaper supplies hah, ya know where to put these type of opinions? smile

#13 2020-08-21 04:40

Ronald McDruggled
Verified Vendor
Website

Recently just grew my first little plant almost ready for harvest, seems almost perfectly good and healthy, nice pine/citrus smell and aesthetic look, trichomes, all done with cfls, cheap soil and ferts

Just got hps now too and raised a blueberry and a gdp seedling, honestly if it's easy as it seems so far I think I could and I would not mind doing several metres sea of green and try to push a pound out of each every 4-5 months, sell at 400 an oz, profit.

Question is how does one use this much power flicking on and off without the electric company saying something?
And of course legalization would put a hole in this kind of plan

Last edited by Ronald McDruggled (2020-08-21 04:50)

Cheers,
McDrugs - i'm Lovin' It! :D

#14 2020-08-21 08:00

jonty

Ronald McDruggled wrote:

Recently just grew my first little plant almost ready for harvest, seems almost perfectly good and healthy, nice pine/citrus smell and aesthetic look, trichomes, all done with cfls, cheap soil and ferts

Just got hps now too and raised a blueberry and a gdp seedling, honestly if it's easy as it seems so far I think I could and I would not mind doing several metres sea of green and try to push a pound out of each every 4-5 months, sell at 400 an oz, profit.

Question is how does one use this much power flicking on and off without the electric company saying something?

The power company wont care especially if your with contact, unless your stealing it of course

#15 2020-08-21 09:10

maryjanes_bakedgoods
Verified Vendor

Ronald McDruggled wrote:

Get LED lamps they are quite expensive but worth it in the long run.
Legalisation wont change much as strains like blueberry wont be allowed due to the high thc content. Over in California weed it legal yes 80% is still sold on the black market. there are too many rules so there will still be a market for it.

#16 2020-08-21 14:10

whofus

Ronald McDruggled wrote:

Electricity company isn't an issue, what will get you busted is the smell. You need quality centrifugal fans and large sized carbon filters before you think of commercial growing. People will be able to smell it from miles away for real, you won't be able to because your brain will get used to it and block it out. But police act on tips about grow room smells all the time, you have to take it seriously as the number one security priority.

#17 2020-08-21 14:20

TormarketSupport
Verified Vendor

Ronald McDruggled wrote:

Underfloor heating on a timer. There are common reasons for this pattern of consumption, so it is not unusual.

Board footer