#1 2020-10-09 09:10

Freelancer

Prices going up and up

Prices for buying things locally is getting ridiculous. The fact that some people on here are willing to pay $20+ per pill of anything is crazy to me. I’m all for the free market and if people are willing to pay you can’t blame the vendors. But come on guys, what’s with some of these prices?

#2 2020-10-11 12:30

imjustheretosmokecannabis

Re: Prices going up and up

I can only imagine it's vendors buying small quantities at street price themselves and marking it up again. I'm noticing it a lot with some of the cannabis vendors. If enough people are still buying at stupid prices then it's going to become more common sadly.

#3 2020-10-11 15:20

Alpha

Don't like the prices then go and suss on the street. Vendor has to make money as there taking much more risk selling it on here than on the streets.

#4 2020-10-11 21:30

Freelancer

Like I said I’m fully supportive of the open market. But I’d disagree that it’s safer to sell on the street. If you’re selling weed then sure, but anything else is honestly much safer being sold and bought on the market.

#5 2020-10-12 07:20

Alpha

Is HalvesnQuarters taking the absolute piss trying to sell for 800$oz?

#6 2020-10-12 09:20

I'd hope most people think $500+oz is taking the absolute piss and yep will definitely take street over market when the price difference is that much.
I'd have thought the risk could be a lot lower even for cannabis vendors depending on the situation.

It's at least a bit promising to see that stock isn't really moving on the overpriced stuff. When the good vendors do come in with stock its gone in a day or two though. Wouldn't the guy sitting on stock be more at risk than the guy flinging it all over a few days?

#7 2020-10-12 09:50

Xar777

You have to take into account that BTC is not a stable currency. You should expect anything being paid in BTC will be at least 10-30% more than the equivalent "fiat" currency, vendors take a big risk when BTC sudden drops in value, which happens all the time.

There is also the postage and handling aspect of this, surely the vendor deserve a little extra for this service.

Also, quality. Honestly some of the weed on here is absolute fire. Sure you can get an Oz of shitty bush weed for $300 on the street but if you have to smoke 4x as much for the same buzz have you really "saved" any money?

You do get weed and other things show up at relatively cheap prices every now and then but the quality is generally bad. If you wanna live a long life of drug taking its best to get the purist shit you can afford.

#8 2020-10-12 20:50

AkCityPharma
Verified Vendor

imjustheretosmokecannabis wrote:

I'd hope most people think $500+oz is taking the absolute piss and yep will definitely take street over market when the price difference is that much.
I'd have thought the risk could be a lot lower even for cannabis vendors depending on the situation.

It's at least a bit promising to see that stock isn't really moving on the overpriced stuff. When the good vendors do come in with stock its gone in a day or two though. Wouldn't the guy sitting on stock be more at risk than the guy flinging it all over a few days?

Xar777 wrote:

You have to take into account that BTC is not a stable currency. You should expect anything being paid in BTC will be at least 10-30% more than the equivalent "fiat" currency, vendors take a big risk when BTC sudden drops in value, which happens all the time.

There is also the postage and handling aspect of this, surely the vendor deserve a little extra for this service.

Also, quality. Honestly some of the weed on here is absolute fire. Sure you can get an Oz of shitty bush weed for $300 on the street but if you have to smoke 4x as much for the same buzz have you really "saved" any money?

You do get weed and other things show up at relatively cheap prices every now and then but the quality is generally bad. If you wanna live a long life of drug taking its best to get the purist shit you can afford.

"Wouldn't the guy sitting on stock be more at risk than the guy flinging it all over a few days?" i agree with this 100% its not only that but the vendor isnt moving product... bit stupid unless they have limited stock they can get there hands on i dont see a reason for them to do this.. wait only other reason is they are getting ripped when buying their shit haha

#9 2020-10-13 18:20

theladyinred

Prices are high but the service is generally very good. I barely get shipping this fast from legit businesses, and doing all of this online helps me keep the lifestyle a secret. Prowling the streets comes with so much BS it's not even funny.

#10 2020-10-13 23:30

fiat

Alpha wrote:

Look at H&Q's profile it is selling fast. Honestly good weed is in short supply in NZ so people are willing to pay. Really he is able to be charging a premium because of his long af description, some people just like to be marketed to.

Last edited by fiat (2020-10-14 00:00)

#11 2020-10-14 11:40

ropata2

When dealing with people on the street they have their own strange code. A guy i knew tries to get in the middle of any trade and prevent you ever trading direct with the seller. Hes always taking some cash out of the transaction but I wouldn't know how much because he tries to prevent the two parties ever talking. Then even after he takes that, the then says he wants a fee every time. Its so much less hassle to just buy online without these parasite street people.

#12 2020-11-11 17:20

Alpha wrote:

HalvesnQuarters is now listing at $1000/oz

must be some good weed! lol

#13 2020-11-11 18:40

Alpha

Alpha wrote:

Hes just milking the idiots who would pay that price, no weed is worth $1000 per oz let alone his ive had better off other vendors

#14 2020-11-11 22:20

Xobia

Alpha wrote:

If his buyers purchase two half OZ's that he sells at $375, then it will cost them $750/oz.

Last edited by Xobia (2020-11-11 22:30)

#15 2020-11-13 15:50

god_is_a_dj

i want cheap weed too but I'd prefer to

A) know what the strain is
B) see/test/feel the quality

Considering some of us only go through half an ounce or less (of the GOOD shit) per year.... the cost difference is negligible.

Good shit is worth the $ to people with the money.

#16 2020-11-13 20:40

Xobia

god_is_a_dj wrote:

i want cheap weed too but I'd prefer to

A) know what the strain is
B) see/test/feel the quality

Considering some of us only go through half an ounce or less (of the GOOD shit) per year.... the cost difference is negligible.

Good shit is worth the $ to people with the money.

Half an OZ per year?, That's like 14 tinnies a year.  Even with really good shit that should only last you 3-6 months if you're a casual smoker and 6-8 weeks for heavy smokers. 

I can see where you coming from though, cost difference is negligible over a one year period if that is how long it takes you to go through a half an ounce.

#17 2020-11-24 15:50

alicethecamel

heavy smokers burn a gram a day, oz a month.

#18 2020-11-25 04:20

toothache

alicethecamel wrote:

heavy smokers burn a gram a day, oz a month.

i go through 3.5 grams in two days round the clock and its good, 7grams only three days cause of the tolerance and then wait 3 days and repeat cause i have no self control on any drug, last ten gram lasted me a week tho cause it was really good weed, green crack is good and suprisingly super marios outdoor is really good! it doesnt look it but when you smoke it, its quality

Board footer