#1 2020-11-14 17:30

tttfmg

Tracked shipping

So if you order from overseas and get tracking you can re direct the parcel thru nz post so theoritically could you just use any name and address originally so if its picked up in customs it wont be tied to you and just change the delivery address thru nz post as soon as you order?

#2 2020-11-14 18:40

Eclipse Mints

Re: Tracked shipping

That might work but in the past the Police/customs have allowed a package to be sent with anything illegal removed to see where it goes to and who picks it up etc. I have only heard of this happening in the media though so it may only happen with large quantities but there is no way to know.

#3 2020-11-14 21:00

toothache

sounds feasible im gonna try that!

#4 2020-11-15 08:50

Xobia

You need ID to setup a redirect with NZ Post.  You can probably do it using good scans but if LE can be bothered digging deeper they will find out it's been redirected.  Just use a drop.

#5 2020-11-19 20:50

Fatmint

Rule of thumb is that any clever trick you come up with has already been done to death and LE are on top of it, the more clever you try to be the more potential traps and mistakes you are open to. Personally I'd skip that step and just figure out a drop where you can collect it off-record.

#6 2020-11-22 23:10

kong

Eclipse Mints wrote:

That might work but in the past the Police/customs have allowed a package to be sent with anything illegal removed to see where it goes to and who picks it up etc. I have only heard of this happening in the media though so it may only happen with large quantities but there is no way to know.

Unless there's been a tip off beforehand there would be a delay of at least a day or so between landing in the country and arriving at the depot so you should be able to pick up on any issues. 

Re-directing is feasible but I still wouldn't redirect to your own house.  If your using nzpost use their parcel drop option and pick a local dairy ect you can scope beforehand.

Board footer