#1 2020-11-13 21:50

Xobia

How long would it take you to go through half an ounce of HQ cannabis

Let's say it is top shelf A Grade indoors. How long would you normally take to go through half an OZ of that?, 3 months?, 6 months?, one year?

I'm only asking out of interest because it was bought up on another thread.

#2 2020-11-14 07:10

maryjanes_bakedgoods
Verified Vendor

Re: How long would it take you to go through half an ounce of HQ cannabis

about 5 weeks for me

#3 2020-11-14 16:30

Xobia

maryjanes_bakedgoods wrote:

about 5 weeks for me

That's about 3 tinnies a week.  That's quite a lot.

Last edited by Xobia (2020-11-15 08:50)

#4 2020-11-15 20:00

southern_stoner

2-3 weeks

#5 2020-11-16 08:20

maryjanes_bakedgoods
Verified Vendor

Xobia wrote:
maryjanes_bakedgoods wrote:

about 5 weeks for me

That's about 3 tinnies a week.  That's quite a lot.

it is but im a daily smoker

#6 2020-11-17 19:30

Xobia

southern_stoner wrote:

2-3 weeks

I bet your vendor likes you.

#7 2020-11-17 23:50

toothache

I have no control, 5 days round the clock till its gone, a waste i know , chronic binger.

#8 2020-11-17 23:50

toothache

southern_stoner wrote:

2-3 weeks

how south? Invercargill? looking for a new dealer.

#9 2020-11-18 20:40

rick_sanchez_420

I'm an actual weed smoker so about two weeks at most.  This is why I don't buy weed from the darknet anymore though, the target demographic is not daily smokers and it doesn't seem to be for people who understand good weed either (aside from Homegrown NZ and Tor Doctor, you guys got it).

#10 2020-11-18 21:00

Metalmanne

Around 2 or 3 weeks, although if I see that things are drying up I'll significantly reduce my usage. Only ran out of grass a few times in over 15 years of smoking.

#11 2020-11-19 11:10

Xobia

toothache wrote:

I have no control, 5 days round the clock till its gone, a waste i know , chronic binger.

You should leave that bag of weed alone for a little bit, or may be do spotting to stretch your stash?

5 days is super fast for smoking half an OZ.

#12 2020-11-19 13:40

Xobia

rick_sanchez_420 wrote:

I'm an actual weed smoker so about two weeks at most.  This is why I don't buy weed from the darknet anymore though, the target demographic is not daily smokers and it doesn't seem to be for people who understand good weed either (aside from Homegrown NZ and Tor Doctor, you guys got it).

Are you able to find better weed on the street?

#13 2020-11-24 21:40

rick_sanchez_420

Absolutely, but I do get that's not the case for most of the general public.   It's just most of the dudes selling on here are marketers and re-sellers, not people who have a passion for the plant. A good example is people listing THC levels of their products, there's no way you could get your bud GCMS tested here, considering it's an illegal product and one of those machine is well out of your average weed dealers budget, unless you had a mate who worked in a lab, but then wouldn't you actually post a photo of the results to verify?  There are definitely a few around that know their shit, but their products get snatched up quick and tends to get listed in small amounts.  There is a reason that high priced 'clone-only' bud sits in stock for a while.  I still do buy shit from here on occasion, but only when it's someone I know and everyone else is out.

#14 2020-11-25 11:10

Xobia

rick_sanchez_420 wrote:

Absolutely, but I do get that's not the case for most of the general public.   It's just most of the dudes selling on here are marketers and re-sellers, not people who have a passion for the plant. A good example is people listing THC levels of their products, there's no way you could get your bud GCMS tested here, considering it's an illegal product and one of those machine is well out of your average weed dealers budget, unless you had a mate who worked in a lab, but then wouldn't you actually post a photo of the results to verify?  There are definitely a few around that know their shit, but their products get snatched up quick and tends to get listed in small amounts.  There is a reason that high priced 'clone-only' bud sits in stock for a while.  I still do buy shit from here on occasion, but only when it's someone I know and everyone else is out.

You raise some good points.  By "clone-only bud" do you mean the quality is lower for clones as opposed to plants raised from seed?  I don't know anything about clones myself.

#15 2020-11-26 16:50

nugget

Clones are the same as from seed by the time it is harvested, a clone is an exact replica of the plant it was cut from.

"Clone only" means a strain that hasn't been made into seeds and can only be bought as a clone. It's like with store-bought bananas, they are all cloned from a single mutation that produced no seeds. In the wild all bananas are very seedy, seed-free bananas are clone-only.

A good example of a famous clone-only strain is Girl Scout Cookies. All seeds with its genetics are crossbreeds off the clone and aren't the same flavor etc. There are many knock off seeds that try to recreate the GSC profile, but they are not the same genetics and pretty hit and miss.

Last edited by nugget (2020-11-26 16:50)

#16 2020-11-27 13:20

Xobia

nugget wrote:

Clones are the same as from seed by the time it is harvested, a clone is an exact replica of the plant it was cut from.

"Clone only" means a strain that hasn't been made into seeds and can only be bought as a clone. It's like with store-bought bananas, they are all cloned from a single mutation that produced no seeds. In the wild all bananas are very seedy, seed-free bananas are clone-only.

A good example of a famous clone-only strain is Girl Scout Cookies. All seeds with its genetics are crossbreeds off the clone and aren't the same flavor etc. There are many knock off seeds that try to recreate the GSC profile, but they are not the same genetics and pretty hit and miss.

Great information.  Thanks for explaining that.

#17 2020-11-27 23:20

ChurBroNZ
Verified Vendor

Depends on the method, dry herb vape goes through 1/2 in a week easy..

#18 2020-11-29 11:30

Xobia

ChurBroNZ wrote:

Depends on the method, dry herb vape goes through 1/2 in a week easy..

Good point.  Dry herb vape is the fastest and spotting would probably be the slowest method.

I assume most people are using bongs.

Board footer