#1 2020-12-15 11:00

ropata2

News "Gang members robbing and assaulting people using online app..."

www.stuff.co.nz/national/123668754/gang-members-robbing-and-assaulting-people-using-online-app-to-buy-drugs

A man attempting to buy cannabis was hit around the head with a metal object and robbed of his money in Wellington’s central city earlier this month – just one of least 10 serious “standover” type incidents involving drug deals, police say.

Many of the attacks appear to involve the use of the app Discord and offenders believed to be gang members. But police say they think not all incidents are being reported and are calling for more victims to come forward and speak with them.

So if you have bought drugs online please call in to the police - they want to help you

#2 2020-12-15 15:00

MrSmith

Re: News "Gang members robbing and assaulting people using online app..."

I think the police would actually not prosecute you if you were just buying a small amount of weed and got robbed. I've never used Discord, what are these dodgy groups that are used to buy and sell drugs (asking for a friend).

#3 2021-01-01 17:20

Ruakaka

Re: News "Gang members robbing and assaulting people using online app..."

MrSmith wrote:

I think the police would actually not prosecute you if you were just buying a small amount of weed and got robbed. I've never used Discord, what are these dodgy groups that are used to buy and sell drugs (asking for a friend).

You're not missing out on much. There's a lot of underaged kids on those groups also, so it's best to steer clear.

#######
𝙍𝙪𝙖𝙠𝙖𝙠𝙖
#######

Board footer