#1 2020-12-10 15:40

MrSmith

Access to Motor Vehicle Register

Anyone know a dodgy individual who has access to this database ? Or potentially other government databases ? For example I'm also interested in being able to find all the properties owned by an individual.

It seems like I'm always reading in the news about dodgy corrupt individuals, but they are hard to find when you need them. It seems like access to the Motor vehicle register is fairly common. How much would someone charge to look up a plate and give me the information ?

Thanks for any assistance.

#2 2020-12-11 12:20

opsec101

Re: Access to Motor Vehicle Register

For the motor vehicles, I thought anyone could lookup using a plate but you need to show ID.

About 6 years ago there was a free website called nzowners.com that allowed you to click on a map to see the owner. It also had a reverse lookup to show all properties owned by someone. I guess they must have broken the rules of some of the data providers because the site didn't last very long. Apparently they collated data from a few different sources to offer search functions that the source data providers didn't make available.

#3 2020-12-14 15:10

MrSmith

opsec101 wrote:

For the motor vehicles, I thought anyone could lookup using a plate but you need to show ID.

About 6 years ago there was a free website called nzowners.com that allowed you to click on a map to see the owner. It also had a reverse lookup to show all properties owned by someone. I guess they must have broken the rules of some of the data providers because the site didn't last very long. Apparently they collated data from a few different sources to offer search functions that the source data providers didn't make available.

It's possible to access some of the information on the motor vehicle register but not all. For example the individual who owns the vehicle is not accessible to the general public. Sites like carjam only give you the subset. There is a service that will confirm that a vehicle is registered to a particular individual, but you need their exact details for a match, you can't just get the data from a plate.

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/how-the-motor-vehicle-register-affects-you/requesting-register-information/

https://transact.nzta.govt.nz/transactions/ConfirmRegisteredPerson/entry

Similarly it's possible if you have an address to find the ownership history of a property, but they don't make it available to search for a particular name and find all the properties a person owns. But if someone had access to that database it's a simple query.

#4 2021-01-09 06:10

pr.penny

Can help on any search for property owners nationwide (eg. past and current properties owned). Just hola!

#5 2021-01-12 16:20

SweetMonkeyPaw

Depending on which state they reside..... I can access DMV records, VIN's, License plate number, Drivers License number, court records, arrest reports, marriage/divorce records, warrants, property ownership, professional licenses and Voter registration

#6 2021-01-13 22:40

NZDMFmod

This topic is nothing to do with DNMs so closing.

Board footer