#1 2021-01-08 20:10

Pogo_The_Monkey

Undercover police trying to sell me guns/firearms- watch out!

Hey everyone, so I put up a post a while ago about trying to find firearms in NZ. A few days later, I get an email saying that he's got firearms if I'm interested. I decided to go along with this and watch his reaction and everything seems fine at first but I notice a few things off with him (I'm not going to explain in great detail all the things that spooked me so that the officer if he's reading this can't fix the mistakes he made).
The main thing that was sus about it was that he kept pushing for me to download the Signal app and add his number. I suggested we talk on [SCAM word detected here] instead but he refused. His reason was that Signal is "encrypted and secure" and that it's what his team trusts as a messaging app. What a joke.
Its funny because we were already talking on a pretty secure media but unlike Signal, it doesn't require you to add your phone number or any trace of yourself.
He sent me some picture of the "available guns" that he most likely got from the evidence room. Ngl they were pretty sexy but unfortunately I know for a fact it was never going to be in my possession so I sent him and the police department a nice goodbye message.

You guys were right, guns do bring a lot of attention.

Last edited by Pogo_The_Monkey (2021-01-08 21:20)

#2 2021-01-15 18:50

MrSmith

Re: Undercover police trying to sell me guns/firearms- watch out!

Are you sure it is police ? Could be someone who is looking to rob you or scam you in some other way.

#3 2021-01-15 23:40

chemhead

Signal is just as good as [SCAM word detected here], only downside is needing a phone number but you can easily get around that by using a burner. I know many dealers that do this.

#4 2021-01-15 23:40

Drcannabinoid
Verified Vendor

I did try to warn you lol

Way to much heat. Plus serious jail time. Not worth the effort imo.  But I'm not the best role model ?

#5 2021-01-16 12:50

Freelancer

Police are really paying attention to guns atm. (Rightfully so imo) as there’s been a lot more shootings lately.

#6 2021-01-19 11:00

RushMidNZ

Eh I use signal for my deals bro. There's plenty of articles online on why you should use it and as already said just use burners. I mean [SCAM word detected here] is all good too but they don't share their source code so you don't always know what's going on.

#7 2021-01-20 07:40

patthedragon

Hmmmm... There's nothing wrong with signal, I prefer it to [SCAM word detected here] myself. Tbh sounds like he was a bit suspicious of you.

#8 2021-01-20 11:20

Tencen

When you message somebody on Signal can the receiving party see your ph number? Or can this info be gotten from Signal with a warrant? Sounds like it was police and they were going to triangulate your location through tracing your number if so. Signal protects your conversations from being seen, but a phone number is all the police need to find where you are at if they already know you are committing crimes. Maybe that explains why the media promotes Signal, the meta data can be used to expose you if you trigger 5 eyes investigations.

Board footer