#1 2022-05-06 11:10

Coffeezilla

Wanting to try shrooms, got some questions

I've been told shrooms can help with depression so I am interested in trying it to see if it can help me. I have a few worries.

1. Can you OD on shrooms?

2. What is the recommended dose for first time?

3. Are they addictive?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Coffeezilla (2022-05-06 11:20)

#2 2022-05-06 11:40

Re: Wanting to try shrooms, got some questions

All the answers to your questions are featured here: https://m.psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushrooms
In summary:
1) If the mushrooms you are consuming are legitimate, and grown properly, you will not overdose off general doses.
2) depends on the strain of mushroom.
3) They are not chemically addictive, but with all things in life you theoretically can become addicted, by developing habbits.

#3 2022-05-06 16:10

casualshroomer

im not sure about depression personally , but if your having issues with sleep or pain management micro doses of 50mg-150mg before bed has given me some excellent relief in those areas. the two vendors on the market ive used where great to deal with . best of luck .

#4 2022-05-06 22:00

Blurple

Mushrooms are great for depression, not so much in a palliative care way (like ketamine or SSRIs), but more fundamentally change your view on things - those mental processes and thoughts that were creating spiralling loops suddenly weaken and lose meaning, over time, its actually just kinda good to be alive and exist and experience. I've gotten out of a 10yr depression using, initially, ketamine - then moving to shrooms and DMT - I only need to take them every few months for MH purposes. I HIGHLY recommend getting into a solid meditation practice though - it will help the trips and allow you to better "let go", integrate your experiences and reflect on your thoughts. Shrooms kinda take you on a ride and you have to be okay with that - meditation helps big time.

1) Safest drug there is, watch for interactions with Lithium ,MAOIs and other obscure "mental health" drugs. Of course you can take too much and give yourself PTSD from the experience - don't recommend that - Go low and slow - find your limit. Imagine if you were just starting drinking booze- would you, for your first drink, drink a whole bottle of vodka? no of course not - save that for when you understand the drug and it's effect on you first.

2) Standard golden teachers or [insert name] cubensis ... Start with .5gm, then try up it to 1gm, then go 2.5gm. Anything above 2.5 gms you will need to have a tripsitter or be in a safe location. 3- 3.5gm is probably equal to a 150ug tb of acid. Strength varies - so always try your batch out in a small dose first.
NZ native shrooms  - Psilocybe subaeruginosa are twice as strong as average Psilocybe Cubensis (mostly what is sold on TM)

3) Psychedelics are not addictive, they often have the opposite effect. If you want to stop other addictions - hit the shrooms  or DMT

Last edited by Blurple (2022-05-06 22:00)

Board footer