#1 2022-05-09 14:50

UlrikaMonkey

Ethicality of drugs sourced from the dark web

Does anyone have any insight on how the majority of drugs from tor market are sourced? By buying things such as MDMA, LSD, etc. are we likely funding cartels in Europe who have chemists working for them to produce the bulk of these substances, or do these markets reduce the need for the middle men and allow chemists and their teams to send directly to vendors and customers, therefore reducing the amount of crime involved (murder, corruption...)?

I have been looking in to the mocro mafia and the situation in the Netherlands in particular, the thought of NL becoming a narco state is terrifying. Up until now I have maybe been a bit ignorant and thought by buying these things I was innocently supporting people who had the balls to risk their lives to supply us with these experiences and in return they get a load of cash, but now I'm unsure whether it is as innocent as I would like to believe.

#2 2022-05-09 20:10

chitty

Re: Ethicality of drugs sourced from the dark web

I saw a picture of about 15 people involved in arrests associated with Silk Road 2, I found it hilarious and should have saved it... it was 12 normal looking guys convicted of dealing, one slightly grim looking guy convicted of dealing, and two dodgy as hell looking undercover cops. The link between drugs and crime is largely because of prohibition, not that wasted people are not more likely to commit crime, they are, but for the rest of it...

But I haven't answered your question, haha, maybe someone else can.

Last edited by chitty (2022-06-20 18:20)

#3 2022-05-09 20:20

m92fs
Banned

The cartels are certainly involved in the production and movement of drugs like MDMA etc we buy from the dark web. There is almost zero chance there is a bunch of independent chemists supplying the markets with no cartel involvement.

I don't feel even the slightest bit bad if my money is going to fund them. That is a consequence of prohibition laws set by governments, not from me buying a gram of MDMA to have a good night.

#4 2022-05-09 20:40

hhhman

In the 1920s you could have felt bad for supporting the mafia by having fun in underground bars. Or look at it for what it is - bad government policy funding them.

Last edited by hhhman (2022-05-09 20:40)

#5 2022-05-09 21:40

gingerbreadman

To be honest it also depends on the drug and where it is sourced from also. If you are buying cocaine, there is a very high likelihood it is going back to the cartels, they pretty much have a monopoly on it. 97% of the cocaine that reaches America arrives courtesy of the cartels. Heroin is also primarily produced through organized crime, as is a lot of methamphetamine, although not to the same extent. Drugs like LSD, MDMA and DMT are quite often produced by underground chemists but realistically you are never really going to be able to know.

Board footer